Or sign up using Facebook

Site navigation, RSS

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

jmignot
Been Around a Bit

Site navigation, RSS

Postby jmignot » October 8th, 2006 8:44 am

Hi
Just a couple of simple suggestions that could hopefully help navigating the JapanesePod web site:
- When searching one particular lesson (this happens all the time to us newbies!), it would be convenient to be able to enter just the lesson type and NUMBER in the "Browse" fields.
- Also when browsing old lessons, I would like to have the links with the page numbers appear both at the bottom AND TOP of each page, and also displaying more page numbers at a time to avoid jumping by small steps when I am too far off the target page.

- Finally, as I find the Comments RSS feed so useful, I think it should definitely be referenced among the links in red listed in the right column of the home page, not just buried in the dull grey bottom line ! Actually, I even believe that, since this one is such a unique feature (at least to me!…) it would deserve being advertised for somewhere, especially when the special section for new users will be open: this is going to be a great connection channel between them and the original community.

Hope someone out there is listening and some of those features can be implemented…

Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » October 9th, 2006 4:04 am

Jean-Michel-san,

Fabulous suggestions! I have added them to our project roadmap and hope to have them implemented in the near future.

Eran
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

Get 40% OFF
Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » October 9th, 2006 9:46 pm

Hi Again,

Just a quick update... As per your great suggestions, we implemented the following quick enhancements:

- Added page navigation to the TOP of pages
- Added the link to the Comments RSS to the sidebar

Your remaining suggestions are a bit more complex but defintiely a priority on our roadmap. Hopefully they will be implemented in the near future.

Regards,

Eran
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

Return to “Feature Requests”