Or sign up using Facebook

Intro Too Long. Sorry . . .

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

japaneseruleof75772
New in Town

Intro Too Long. Sorry . . .

Postby japaneseruleof75772 » January 26th, 2012 7:05 am

Hi,

I've been listening to JapanesePod101 for years, ever since podcast one.

You really do a great job, and I've learned a lot of very helpful Japanese from you. There's just one (okay two) tiiiiny thing(s).

The intro music and initial greeting just seems unnecessarily long. Am I the only one who feels this way? Sometimes it's a minute and a half before we get into the lesson. I mean, I jump ahead to listen, but I wonder why there's such a long intro. Just sayin.

The other small point is that sometimes you use too much English. A word will be introduced in Japanese, and then only repeated once (or not at all), while 2 minutes are spent explaining it in English. I have to rewind just to remember what word we're talking about. It's fine to explain it, but repeat the word in the explanations, please.

Other than those small points, I think your podcasts have really gotten better and better. Thanks for doing such a good job.
Ken Seeroi
That guy who writes JapaneseRuleof7.com

boku1571
Been Around a Bit

Re: Intro Too Long. Sorry . . .

Postby boku1571 » April 30th, 2012 9:11 am

japaneseruleof75772 wrote:Hi,

The other small point is that sometimes you use too much English. A word will be introduced in Japanese, and then only repeated once (or not at all), while 2 minutes are spent explaining it in English. I have to rewind just to remember what word we're talking about. It's fine to explain it, but repeat the word in the explanations, please.

I do agree that sometimes they spend way too much time chatting in English... I suppose that helps keep the less motivated people who get frustrated if they get lost interested...

However, by the time you reach intermediate level of any language, you should be working 100% in that language to learn the language.

Get 40% OFF
twells5
New in Town

Postby twells5 » June 12th, 2012 11:56 am

I agree...after a short while the intro to each lesson can get annoying...

jaehwi
Established Presence

Postby jaehwi » June 13th, 2012 3:22 am

Hello everyone,

thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We are always positive in receiving constructive criticism, so I will forward your thoughts to the correspondent team who take decisions about how to design our future lessons. We're always trying to do our best to improve the quality of our lessons, so thank you again for your comments!

Kind regards,

Stefania/JapanesePod101.com

damienwoon4066
New in Town

Postby damienwoon4066 » July 31st, 2012 3:36 am

I didn't mind the long intro nor the bantering in English, only when it is at the expense of the grammar point. Whenever I hear "we're running out of time", "check out the PDF for the detailed explanation", I wished they have cut out the front irrelevant bits and dwell more on the grammar point.

natsukoy9313
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby natsukoy9313 » July 31st, 2012 9:28 am

damienwoon4066-san,

Thank you very much for your comment!!
I'll let the team know. Your opinion is important for us to improve our programme.
Thank you very much! :D

Natsuko(奈津子)/JapanesePod101.com

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » August 1st, 2012 12:30 am

HI damienwoon,
Thanks for your feedback! I'm guessing you are listening to our older lessons.
As we started getting more feedback and making more lessons, we created the format of:

Intro - Conversation - Banter - Vocab - Grammar

for our lessons. I would recommend listening to our newer lessons (from 2008 on).
If you let me know what level you are at, I can recommend some series for you that follow
this format and take time to explain the grammar :)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Return to “Feature Requests”