Or sign up using Facebook

basic > learning center

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Alain
New in Town

basic > learning center

Postby Alain » August 20th, 2006 11:38 am

I'm a basic member.

I'd like to have a possiblity to look from time to time at the improvements or the learning center since I joined. I have an impressionto be blocked for 6 months in the basic section before I could have a one week trial.

I think other basic members could be interested. And if we want to join the learning center, nothing seems possible except to pay the whole sum, even if we have already paid for basic.

Belton
Expert on Something

Postby Belton » August 21st, 2006 12:38 pm

I've never tried but given the published 60 day refund policy of refunding an unused portion of a subscription and also that they talk or upgrading subscriptions as well as extending them, it looks as if an upgrade is possible.

The jPod team are really nice guys so I'm sure they'd upgrade a Basic sub for the difference in price to a Premium subscription. It's just good business I think. Can't hurt to ask them directly.

As for repeat looks at whats available in Premium.
I think it's a reasonable idea. They just have to protect themselves from abuse perhaps and make the login work for it. Maybe give a day pass to basic subscribers every few months to entice them into coming in. Actually Basic lends itself most to an abuse maybe. Give me a free pass and I'd grab all the pdf in a supermarket sweep. :oops: But Premium really only works as an online thing. There's nothing left to download if you have Basic.

(I have a premium sub at the moment BTW, no supermarket sweeps!)

Get 40% OFF
Airth
Expert on Something

Postby Airth » August 21st, 2006 3:02 pm

I think you have a good suggestion, Alain. While I believe JPod has some excellent ideas for learning tools, and the learning center itself has the potential to develop into a truly excellent service I personally didn't feel there was material available for my level. That may well change as the service evolves but I'll have no way of finding out unless they let me back in to have a look from time to time.

Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » August 21st, 2006 3:20 pm

We would be happy to provide a Basic subscriber a glimpse of what's available at the Premium Level. Simply email us at with your request.

Also, should anyone decide to upgrade from a Basic to a Premium subscription, we would be happy to faciltate the move and issue the appropriate credit for the unused portion of the Basic subscription.

Finally, you can always see screen shots and an explanation of all the current Premium features by visiting the Feature List page at our Help Center. Here's a link:

http://www.japanesepod101.com/help-center/user-guide/

- Eran
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

Return to “Feature Requests”