Or sign up using Facebook

Making a full lessons torrent

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Alkrasnov
New in Town

Making a full lessons torrent

Postby Alkrasnov » April 25th, 2006 9:52 am

Hey, guys!
I've seen it recently in ChinesePod, and thought it's a good idea. How about making a torrent of all the lessons together? As in torrent number 1 - lessons 1-50, torrent number 2 - lessons 51-100, and so on...
How about it?

Alexander

Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Eran » April 25th, 2006 1:54 pm

Alexander,

I can't give you an exact date, but I can definitely promist that Torrent support will be availble on the next release. This particular feature is definitely high up on our priority list.

Thank you foe the great suggestion.

Eran

Get 40% OFF
Brugg
Been Around a Bit

Postby Brugg » April 27th, 2006 1:26 pm

It would also be great if you could offer similar packages of the PDF's! Obviously, bittorrent may not be the best choice for this, but how about zipping them and offering the packages as downloads through the paid service (not the one week trial, i guess)? This would be very helpful for new listeners planning to work through lots of material. As a sidenote, i have to agree that the PDF's are too ink-intensive, as someone poited out in the comments, and I hope it wouldn't be too much of a pain to make them a little more printer-friendly. I think these two changes would make the basic subscription more attractive.

Eran

Postby Eran » April 27th, 2006 2:30 pm

Thanks again for the fabulous suggestions. Please keep them coming. We are currently in the requirement gathering phase of a "Download Center" that will allow bulk downloading of all file types (mp3's, pdf's, etc.). Most likely we will be doing this with Torrent technology and will have it in place for all media types (mp3's AND pdf's). I can't give you an exact time frame for when this will be available but I can promise you that it won't be too long. Our development team is VERY small and we are spread quite thin, but we're known to work magic with our time and passion (which is fueled by our listeners) :wink:

Thanks for all the support and patience as we try to make JapanesePod101.com meet all your Japanese learning needs.

Brugg
Been Around a Bit

Postby Brugg » April 27th, 2006 3:29 pm

Sounds great. A collection of links to the best free study apps would also be a great part of such a download center's functionality. - And how about posting an official ideas/requests topic whenever you plan to make such updates to the site? Not only would it gather the ideas in one place, it would also make it easier to gather resources like, for example, the links I mentioned.

Jonas

Postby Jonas » April 29th, 2006 2:46 am

Starting from todays lesson, we have a new and more printerfriendly PDF design. Take a look at them, and tell us what you think!

Return to “Feature Requests”