a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Audio Question and Answer

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

exxel
New in Town

Audio Question and Answer

Postby exxel » April 26th, 2008 11:34 pm

I finished the 3 Pimsleur lessons and I'm trying to move though the beginner lessons quickly to pick up vocab that wasn't in the Pimsluers until get to the point in the lessons where none of it is review. The problem I'm having is the words are not sticking. In the Pimsleur lessons, it's done sort of conversation-like with the narrator constantly asking questions and giving you time to recall the vocab or sentence structure you just learned along with reviewing points from previous lessons. This forces you to remember and you know when you're done with the lesson because you can answer all questions that were asked. If you guys could add a question/answer track along with the regualr lessons I think it would be invaluable. Hell, I'd upgrade to premium membership for that feature.

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Re: Audio Question and Answer

Postby kc8ufv » April 27th, 2008 2:42 am

exxel wrote:I finished the 3 Pimsleur lessons and I'm trying to move though the beginner lessons quickly to pick up vocab that wasn't in the Pimsluers until get to the point in the lessons where none of it is review. The problem I'm having is the words are not sticking. In the Pimsleur lessons, it's done sort of conversation-like with the narrator constantly asking questions and giving you time to recall the vocab or sentence structure you just learned along with reviewing points from previous lessons. This forces you to remember and you know when you're done with the lesson because you can answer all questions that were asked. If you guys could add a question/answer track along with the regualr lessons I think it would be invaluable. Hell, I'd upgrade to premium membership for that feature.

There is. Check out the review track. (remember, if you are a non-subscriber, you can sign up for a 7 day premium trial for free.)

Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » April 29th, 2008 3:16 am

beat me to the punch!
hahaha.

but yeah, the review track is like that.
it includes vocab and some sample sentences. also homophones, similar sounding words, related words, male/female variations, etc are thrown in sometimes to challenge you. in the japanese is broken down to help you pick up on the pitch accent as well.
along with the dialog and combo tracks, it's a really good way to reinforce what you heard in the lesson. :idea:
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

exxel
New in Town

Review Tracks

Postby exxel » May 1st, 2008 11:21 am

Are the review tracks only part of certain lessons? Like I said, I'm working through the beginner lessons but, haven't run across any yet. I'll look through the future lessons to find them. Thanks for the info!

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » May 1st, 2008 3:12 pm

IIRC, they started being included 6-8 months ago. Most lessons have them. If you are looking at the early lessons, you won't find them.

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » May 4th, 2008 6:02 am

in time everything will have them, but it's very time consuming making those, actually. :lol:

first 25 Beginner Lessons will be getting them very, very soon.
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Return to “Feature Requests”