Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Lessons/pdf updated after initial release - a list please ??

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

ShiroiNeko
Established Presence

Lessons/pdf updated after initial release - a list please ??

Postby ShiroiNeko » February 21st, 2008 11:25 am

I think there have been several times when lessons/pdf's have been updated, owing to changes in voice actors, errors fixed, etc.

Would it be possible to have a list, showing;
- when the first version was released for download, and
- when any revised versions for download were substituted?

I download everything, but certainly don't look at everything, only the stuff I am I studying. Using this list, we will be able to check it every so often, and see if we need to update any of our old downloads.

Anyone else like this idea ?

Fierce white cat :kitty:

ShiroiNeko
Established Presence

It's confirmed.

Postby ShiroiNeko » April 1st, 2008 7:46 am

There are definitely revised lessons and pdf's being released.

My podcast feeder just downloaded kanji pdf's for Introduction lessons 2 and 3 ( as well as others ) and they have different content to the files I downloaded months ago.
The file size is also helps to show a difference,
However, some of the new downloaded pdfs are identical to the old file, in content and in file size.

It is a lot harder for me to find out if the new downloads for mp3s are different, without listening in full to each version and trying to pick the difference !!
All my old mp3s have different file sizes to the originals, as I have changed tag notes such as genres, titles etc - so I can't use that trick.

Can we please have a list, that is kept up to date, showing which downloads are have been revised ?

FierceCat
:kitty: ooOO ( -confused- Nya Nya )

Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » April 1st, 2008 3:23 pm

hmmmmmmmmm

you bring up a really good point.

by the sheer volume of lessons (and the lack of me and mayumi to go around), a comprehensive list from the beginning of jpod until now would be quite impossible. however, i can totally see the benefit of posting updates somewhere from here on out.

where would be the best place for everyone to see them? just start a thread in the forum?
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

markystar
Site Admin

great idea! 8)

Postby markystar » April 3rd, 2008 2:47 am

i created a thread that will list when significant updates are made to lessons.
small mistakes (typos, missing apostrophes, broken links) most likely won't be listed.

the list will be stickied here: http://www.japanesepod101.com/forum/vie ... 7104#17104

:rock:
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

ShiroiNeko
Established Presence

Re: great idea! 8) - Thank you !!

Postby ShiroiNeko » April 3rd, 2008 8:04 am

markystar wrote:i created a thread that will list when significant updates are made to lessons.
small mistakes (typos, missing apostrophes, broken links) most likely won't be listed.

the list will be stickied here: http://www.japanesepod101.com/forum/vie ... 7104#17104

:rock:

I didn't get a chance to answer last night - I would have suggested a link on the main lessons page - but this will do very nicely

ありがとうございます、Markystar-sama, for the speedy action. :ue:

Can I also suggest it should be a moderator thread only?
This would ensure that is it only used to record the updates.

FierceCat
:kitty: ooOO ( Nyaa, Nyaa )

Return to “Feature Requests”