Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Example sentences from the PDF -> premium content?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

ndthomas
New in Town

Example sentences from the PDF -> premium content?

Postby ndthomas » December 23rd, 2007 7:12 pm

My request is quite similar to Ikeda_Kat2007's, but is slightly different, so I will put it into a separate thread.

Would it be possible to have the example sentences from the grammar points section of the PDF to be put into the premium content in some way? Ideally, it could go in in the same way as the line by line transcript, so you can click on it and hear it read out loud, but if it went in as text only that would be fine.

I will explain my reasoning as to why this would be valuable to me:

Like Ikeda_Kat2007, I make use of an SRS system, where I input example Japanese sentences into a database, and they go into a flashcard system (Anki - google it). I like to take example sentences from jpod101, because they are for the most part good, natural Japanese, and translations are provided.

It is possible to cut and paste example sentences from the dialog directly from the line by line transcript into , but not from the PDF. So, if I want to input any of the example sentances from the PDF, I have to type them in myself, which frankly is a pain in the butt.

I just listened to Lower Intermediate Lessons 48 (Paella), and ended up typing out the following sentences by hand:

アルファベットくらい知ってるよ
I can at least read the alphabet [くらい= at least, if nothing else]

こんあまずい料理を食べるくらいなら、何も食べない方がいい。
I would rather eat nothing than eat such repulsive food.

あなたと別れるくらいなら、死んだ方がいいわ!!
I would rather die than break up with you!!

こんな雨の日にバーベキューをしてるのは、俺たちくらいだ。
It’s only us barbecuing on such a rainy day.

あんなすごいシュートができるのは、太郎くらいだ。
Taro is the only person that can kick an awesome goal like that.

As you can imagine, it would have made my life much easier if I could have simply copied and pasted them from the premium content. Seeing as someone already types these out to go into the PDF, it wouldn't be that hard to do, right?
Get 32% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS

Return to “Feature Requests”