a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Terrific suggestion

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

duncane
New in Town

Terrific suggestion

Postby duncane » November 20th, 2007 4:32 am

In the intermediate lessons, ever tried giving the English first, and then the Japanese, instead of the other way around? I bet it would be even more helpful, towards hearing the Japanese with understanding, instead of trying to remember what you didn't quite get and reunderstand it....

markystar
Site Admin

Postby markystar » November 20th, 2007 7:15 am

well, actually on the recent lessons (all levels), the conversation is repeated at the end of the lesson. so after you've gotten the explanation and vocab and grammar you have a chance to review it. almost the same the thing. :lol:
ねぇ、ねぇ、私前にバンドキャンプでさ…

Get 35% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » November 20th, 2007 9:46 am

Definitely better at the end. The Japanese audio is a great way to test your understanding, and you can only really do it once. After you hear the English you know what to expect and it's more a case of correlating the translation with the Japanese, rather than forcing your memory to keep up with what's being said. You're not going to get translations in real life, so it's good to test yourself each lesson.

mtpiper
Been Around a Bit

Postby mtpiper » November 30th, 2007 6:47 pm

Javizy wrote:After you hear the English you know what to expect and it's more a case of correlating the translation with the Japanese, rather than forcing your memory to keep up with what's being said.

I agree. Hearing Japanese first forces you to recall what you've learned in previous lessons. I'm very new to Japanese and it's frustrating to hear the Japanese conversation first and be totally lost, but in the end, I think it makes you listen closer and retain more. Exercise that brain!!
トニー

Return to “Feature Requests”