a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

searchable lesson notes

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

metablue
Expert on Something

searchable lesson notes

Postby metablue » April 24th, 2006 5:56 am

It'd be really cool to be able to search the lesson notes. Back in the beginning I was trying to track down the lesson where Kazunori first said "mecha mecha" because I couldn't find a reasonable-sounding definition in the dictionary and it took me a while.

Laura

tarokun
Been Around a Bit

Make lesson notes *free*

Postby tarokun » April 24th, 2006 6:02 am

Have you tried to google with the phrase " filetype:pdf site:japanesepod101.com" as in the following

mecha mecha filetype:pdf site:japanesepod101.com

That used to work for me.

Hmm, actually if the lesson notes are going to be accessible only to subscribed users, then googlebots may not be able to index them in the future.

Any chance the nice folks at Japanesepod101.com would make these notes free too? :wink:

Get 40% OFF
tintinium
Been Around a Bit

Postby tintinium » April 24th, 2006 6:15 am

Actually, a HUGE thing for me me would be if more of the before and after talk of the lesson was detailed. Many times I'll hear something that is said but not really explained in the intermediate lesson and I'd just love to see a full transcript. Obviously, it's more work, and I'd never suggest it were the content of the lesson notes free, but it's a HUGE deal for me as that's the real conversational part of the lesson. I've tried to look for things like vocab and it's impossible. I KNOW I've heard something (like ばりばり, for example) but I can't remember where I heard it, in order to get its usage.

As a suggestion, to encourage at least basic membership, you should have one lesson which is completely free as a sample, PDFs and all. Many are unwilling to even sign up for a 7-day free subscription, for fear of either wasting their one free chance, or getting locked in for more afterwards, unless they see one. It doesn't have to change, ever, but it should be a model lesson.

metablue
Expert on Something

Postby metablue » April 24th, 2006 12:33 pm

I hadn't thought of that! Thanks. It didn't work for this particular search, but I hadn't realized you could search specific file types in Google so that'll be useful in the future.

L

Return to “Feature Requests”