Or sign up using Facebook

Audio books spoken in Japanese?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

buck4155967
Been Around a Bit

Audio books spoken in Japanese?

Postby buck4155967 » August 21st, 2013 11:54 am

Hi, I'm very new here.

I like to listen to my books as I read them. I subscribe to Amazon's Audible.com to get the narrated versions of my Kindle books, and wanted to know if Japan has an equivalent?

If you subscribe to Audible, do you know of any titles that are narrated in Japanese?

watertommyz9255
Been Around a Bit

Re: Audio books spoken in Japanese?

Postby watertommyz9255 » February 5th, 2014 7:31 am

I don't know anything about audible, but if you'd like, I think looking into Drama CD series from Japan might be a good place to start and then see where you can get those. Actually, this sounds like a great idea for supplement material. Keep in mind, a lot of the language will probably be informal and use a lot of slang, just like anime, generally because Drama CD's usually are based on them. I would assume some of them would come with a companion book/script of some sort, but then again I've had some audio dramas (non Japanese) do that, and some that didn't.

Though, I think for beginners and learning purposes, I believe japanesepod101's podcasts and lessons provide some great audio and video sessions that allow for a bit of "roleplay," for real life situations.

Get 40% OFF
community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Audio books spoken in Japanese?

Postby community.japanese » February 6th, 2014 7:37 am

Hello watertommyz9255 san,
Thank you very much for the comment.
Let’s study with us.
Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”