Or sign up using Facebook

Japanese Railing Pass?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

nyappyrebecca
Established Presence

Japanese Railing Pass?

Postby nyappyrebecca » August 2nd, 2008 6:54 pm

http://www.japanrail.com/JR_japanrailpass.html#a3

I am looking at this site, but I am still confused as to how I should get this. A little help, please? ^^;
If you are interested in studying, teaching, or translating Japanese please contact me.

stuu
Been Around a Bit

Postby stuu » August 2nd, 2008 8:41 pm

If you're from the States/Canada here's a list of places you can purchase a pass, or you could buy one over the net from 'Jalpak'.
http://www.japanrail.com/links/north_america.html
Not sure what info you need exactly....you have to buy a pass in the form of a voucher before you leave home and then once you get to Japan and you're ready to travel go to a train station with your passport and exchange the voucher for an actual pass. [Lists of stations where you can do this and other info will be included on the voucher] When you exchange it you have to tell them on which day you'd like to start using it. For example, if you have a seven day pass you can catch as many trains [except for the fastest bullet train/shinkansen] as you like for the next seven days from that date including most local trains. You can generally just jump on and off whenever you like ,just show your pass at the ticket gate, or for the shinkansen you can reserve a seat at no extra cost. As I mentioned in your other post, buy a 'Suica' card when you arrive in Japan too to save a lot of hassle on local trains before and after you use your Railpass. [I put a link to it.] Hope this helps.

Get 40% OFF
nyappyrebecca
Established Presence

Postby nyappyrebecca » August 7th, 2008 10:09 pm

Oops. I thought I replied to this. Thank-you.
If you are interested in studying, teaching, or translating Japanese please contact me.

visual_gaze
Been Around a Bit

Postby visual_gaze » January 30th, 2009 5:55 am

stuu wrote:If you're from the States/Canada here's a list of places you can purchase a pass, or you could buy one over the net from 'Jalpak'.
http://www.japanrail.com/links/north_america.html
Not sure what info you need exactly....you have to buy a pass in the form of a voucher before you leave home and then once you get to Japan and you're ready to travel go to a train station with your passport and exchange the voucher for an actual pass. [Lists of stations where you can do this and other info will be included on the voucher] When you exchange it you have to tell them on which day you'd like to start using it. For example, if you have a seven day pass you can catch as many trains [except for the fastest bullet train/shinkansen] as you like for the next seven days from that date including most local trains. You can generally just jump on and off whenever you like ,just show your pass at the ticket gate, or for the shinkansen you can reserve a seat at no extra cost. As I mentioned in your other post, buy a 'Suica' card when you arrive in Japan too to save a lot of hassle on local trains before and after you use your Railpass. [I put a link to it.] Hope this helps.

Thanks so much. Me and some friends are planning a trip to Japan soon and the train pass is exactly what we needed and were having trouble with. This helped us alot.

Return to “Visiting Japan”