Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Resources to plan a trip to Japan

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » May 4th, 2006 4:37 pm

This is somewhat related, and I hope I don't highjack the thread, but what about resources for events like concerts and such? I'd love to go see the pillows in concert if they're playing somewhere when my friends and I (hopefull) go next year.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

rssol0420
New in Town

Postby rssol0420 » June 26th, 2007 9:14 am

This is really nice! I'm planning to go to Japan for 1 week at December and spend my x'mas there. This information is really useful! Thanks! :D

digitaljo wrote:
SuiteOne wrote:What about tour groups? Anyone have any info./experience with these?

If you like Japanese anime, manga, etc., then Pop Japan Travel. This one is not first hand experience, but I had two friends who went on the Pop Japan Comiket Tour 2004. They had a lot of fun. The stories I heard, the pictures they took. Just find a tour you like.

The JR Railways East has travel packages. Just find one you that you like.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Experience - January 2006 - click for pictures

Transportation Schedule
If you like to train/bus/shinkansen hop use Hyperdia. Input the name of the STATION you want to leave from and the STATION you want to arrive. Well you could put the city, but it will be the main city at least. (eg Tokyo -> Hiroshima) and you could change you preferences.

Hostels
I used Hostelworld.com. I met a lot of fun and nice people. I stayed at Kawaguchiko Station Inn and Palette Takashimadaira. Both really affordable.
Kawagichiko Station Inn is close to the Fuji-Q Highland. It is one station away from the Kawaguchiko Station.
Palette Takashimadaira is an awesome place to stay. It's like an apartment in the U.S. but smaller. If you forgot something on you trip like an iron or laundry detergent, they should have it just ask. There is a 24 hour bento place, supermarket, pachinko, izakayas, etc. It's a bit out of main Tokyo, so be careful. That's when Beginner Lesson #40 or Survival Phrases #5 comes in handy. :P

I can't wait to go again!!!

Join by May 6th
Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » June 30th, 2007 8:11 pm

SuiteOne wrote:
digitaljo wrote:
SuiteOne wrote:What about tour groups? Anyone have any info./experience with these?

If you like Japanese anime, manga, etc., then Pop Japan Travel. This one is not first hand experience, but I had two friends who went on the Pop Japan Comiket Tour 2004. They had a lot of fun. The stories I heard, the pictures they took. Just find a tour you like.

The JR Railways East has travel packages. Just find one you that you like.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Experience - January 2006 - click for pictures

Transportation Schedule
If you like to train/bus/shinkansen hop use Hyperdia. Input the name of the STATION you want to leave from and the STATION you want to arrive. Well you could put the city, but it will be the main city at least. (eg Tokyo -> Hiroshima) and you could change you preferences.

Hostels
I used Hostelworld.com. I met a lot of fun and nice people. I stayed at Kawaguchiko Station Inn and Palette Takashimadaira. Both really affordable.
Kawagichiko Station Inn is close to the Fuji-Q Highland. It is one station away from the Kawaguchiko Station.
Palette Takashimadaira is an awesome place to stay. It's like an apartment in the U.S. but smaller. If you forgot something on you trip like an iron or laundry detergent, they should have it just ask. There is a 24 hour bento place, supermarket, pachinko, izakayas, etc. It's a bit out of main Tokyo, so be careful. That's when Beginner Lesson #40 or Survival Phrases #5 comes in handy. :P

I can't wait to go again!!!

Thanks so much for the info.! I appreciate it!

Nicole

Yes I agree with Suiteone-san! :wink:

Thank you all mina-san for those great links and info!! 8)

Return to “Visiting Japan”