a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Photo Map of Tokyo

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Michelle
New in Town

Photo Map of Tokyo

Postby Michelle » January 26th, 2007 3:10 am

I'm not sure how many JP101 users live in Tokyo / have visited Tokyo, but...

About two years ago I thought I'd try to create a project that would essentially be a train/subway map of Tokyo--with each station linked to a page containing information and photos about the area. I think I might have some free time this summer to resurrect the project. Would anyone be interested in helping out?--i.e. contributing pictures, writing text, etc.?

JonB
Expert on Something

oh I think we can help you there...

Postby JonB » January 26th, 2007 6:46 am

My little boy loves trains and we are always going out and about - easy way to get him excited is to tell him that we will go to 東京駅 and see the 新幹線 (shinkansen).

The Japanese seem mad about trains and every line is a different colour and/or shape - so there are books and books suitable from a very early age up to whatever... And not to mention the TV programs....

A lot of people do not realise (even a lot of my Japanese colleagues) that you can get up onto the Shinkansen platforms using the regular 130yen platform ticket

Also nearly all stations (I think all in Tokyo) have a stamp - so come kiddies holidays they all travel round collecting stamps for pokemon gear or some such...

Help - I'm turning into a train spotter!!!
JonB

Get 40% OFF
KeithH
Been Around a Bit

Postby KeithH » February 6th, 2007 2:22 pm

I have a couple of pictures I could donate. I've done something like this using Google Earth before and it worked really well. Also, there's a "new" feature on Flickr that allows you to give a map location to each of your photos. I like the idea!

Return to “Visiting Japan”