Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Forgive the English!

Itching to practice your Japanese? Use romaji, kana (hiragana and katakana), and kanji, and try to keep the English at a minimum and have fun!

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderator Team

JohnC
New in Town

Forgive the English!

Postby JohnC » February 16th, 2016 2:03 pm

Forgive the post in English but this seems to be the place to post for this! :)

はじめまして。ジョンです。よろしくおねがいします。ぼくは日本のメルともを見ます。

I am not sure if I wrote that properly, but I am looking for a Japanese pen pal or email pal. I'd love to practice my Japanese and help you with whatever questions you may have about America! It'd be awesome if I could find someone around my own age (35) too. That way we might have some things in common, like music, books, or hobbies! But even if you are older I wouldn't mind, in fact that might be a really cool perspective.

I know asking for a pen pal is old school, but I had a Japanese pen pal in high school (that I lost touch with) and we had a blast! It was so exciting to get that airmail envelope!

Though, finding a friend on Skype to talk to and practice speaking with would be cool too in a pinch, but my schedule can be pretty odd. I'm a home health aid so it is hard for me to have a set time since I can be working at 1PM one day or 3AM another! Hence another reason for the old fashion method.
“Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.” -Conan, by R.E. Howard

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Forgive the English!

Postby community.japanese » February 22nd, 2016 7:07 am

JohnCさん、
Konnichiwa. :)
Than you for your post.
That is a good self-introduction.
However, please note the correction below.
ぼくは日本のメルともをさがします。
I hope you could find a pen pal.
Team JapanesePod101.com
Yuki  由紀

Get 50% OFF.
JohnC
New in Town

Postby JohnC » February 22nd, 2016 10:56 am

Thank you for the correction. I figured I might not get any bites. :P I'm a fan of hand writing in a tech world ha! :D But maybe, we shall see!
“Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.” -Conan, by R.E. Howard

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » February 29th, 2016 3:14 am

JohnC san,
Konnichiwa.
I think hand writing is also important. :D
Yuki  由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Practice Japanese - 日本語を練習しましょう”