a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Forgive the English!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

JohnC
New in Town

Forgive the English!

Postby JohnC » February 16th, 2016 5:03 am

Forgive the post in English but this seems to be the place to post for this! :)

はじめまして。ジョンです。よろしくおねがいします。ぼくは日本のメルともを見ます。

I am not sure if I wrote that properly, but I am looking for a Japanese pen pal or email pal. I'd love to practice my Japanese and help you with whatever questions you may have about America! It'd be awesome if I could find someone around my own age (35) too. That way we might have some things in common, like music, books, or hobbies! But even if you are older I wouldn't mind, in fact that might be a really cool perspective.

I know asking for a pen pal is old school, but I had a Japanese pen pal in high school (that I lost touch with) and we had a blast! It was so exciting to get that airmail envelope!

Though, finding a friend on Skype to talk to and practice speaking with would be cool too in a pinch, but my schedule can be pretty odd. I'm a home health aid so it is hard for me to have a set time since I can be working at 1PM one day or 3AM another! Hence another reason for the old fashion method.
“Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.” -Conan, by R.E. Howard

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Forgive the English!

Postby community.japanese » February 21st, 2016 10:07 pm

JohnCさん、
Konnichiwa. :)
Than you for your post.
That is a good self-introduction.
However, please note the correction below.
ぼくは日本のメルともをさがします。
I hope you could find a pen pal.
Team JapanesePod101.com
Yuki  由紀

Get 40% OFF
JohnC
New in Town

Postby JohnC » February 22nd, 2016 1:56 am

Thank you for the correction. I figured I might not get any bites. :P I'm a fan of hand writing in a tech world ha! :D But maybe, we shall see!
“Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.” -Conan, by R.E. Howard

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » February 28th, 2016 6:14 pm

JohnC san,
Konnichiwa.
I think hand writing is also important. :D
Yuki  由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Practice Japanese - 日本語を練習しましょう”