Ok Lets do this
はじめまして Ernesto です よろしくおねがいします
こんいちは おはよございます こんばんわ 
おげんき か?わたしは げんき です ありがとう ございます
にじゅうさん です 
わたし は あうstらりあんじん 

じゃまた みな さん

Translation.
Nice to meet you. I am Ernesto. Please be good to me.
Hello, good morning, Good evening
How are you? I am good thank you very much.
I am 23 years old
I am australian
Catch ya later everyone
:)

Minor notes: I expected to write more but i wasn't prepared. otherewise i wont post as at all. I hope to say more on my next post.
I only know Hiragana and not katakana and kanji enough. With hiragana i can remember it ok but katakana is hard i forget, Kanji is worse

Let me know what you think. thanks

ありがとうございます

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » August 27th, 2012 7:14 pm

It seems fine to me. There are one or two mistakes but they mostly seem to be trouble with the IME (Japanese keyboard input).

Your name would be ああねすと in hiragana, but foreign names are written in katakana so it should really be アーネスト (a-a-ne-su-to). Actually, that's the same as Ernest, so you might want to add a う to the end to make more of the final 'o'.

It's こんちは not こんちは. I'm sure this is just the IME catching you out: you need to press N twice to get the ん character and then once more for the start of the にcharacter.

It's こんばん not こんばん. I bet you just forgot that you need to type HA to get WA.

You need さい (sai) after your age, making it にじゅうさんさい です. Numbers don't stand on their own in Japanese; they are followed by a counter. The counter for years-of-age is SAI, for flat things like tickets it's MAI, for cylindrical things like bottles of beer it's HON. I'm sure you'll be understood if you don't know the counter and just use the number, though. If you are asked a "how many" question, it'll be like "Nan XXXX?" where XXXX is the correct counter--the one you need for the answer.

Australia is おうすとらりあ, or オーストラリア using katakana. Australian is おうすとらりあじん; there's no ん before the じん.

マイケル (i.e. まいける)
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Practice Japanese - 日本語を練習しましょう”