Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Practice Your Japanese Through Conversation

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » October 19th, 2006 11:53 pm

ehuntley83 wrote:Like many in this thread, I'm just beginning to learn Japanese and only know basic introductions, etc. :? but here we go anyway!

はじめまして みなさん!

私は ハーンタリー です。 よろしく おねがいします。
アメリカ人 です。 日本語 が すこし わかります。
私は 日本語の がくせい です。
JPod が だいすき です!

That's about it so far. Please correct anything I did wrong, especially when it comes to typing up in Japanese since I only just began using it!

ありがとう ございます! 

Looks good. Just don't put spaces between your words, and try to use more kanji (even if you don't know the correct kanji, the computer will usually recommend the correct ones). Using automatically-recommended kanji in cell phone & computer emails (and then checking the recommendation in a dictionary if you're not sure) is one of the best and most natural ways to learn kanji.

tiroth2
Established Presence

Postby tiroth2 » October 20th, 2006 12:05 pm

Bueller-san, I think that is a good recommendation, but I would caution learners to only use IME-suggested kanji if they really do have time to look them up. I've seen a lot of beginners write very odd things because they just pick the first suggestion at random. It's better to get it right in hiragana than wrong in kanji.

Get 40% OFF
ehuntley83
New in Town

Postby ehuntley83 » October 20th, 2006 4:21 pm

ありがとう Bullerさん!

Is it normal for Japanese to be written without spacing? While learning what I have, I tend to see it spaced, but I'd assume that could be for ease of learning...

tiroth2
Established Presence

Postby tiroth2 » October 20th, 2006 7:05 pm

Books for children written in all (or mostly) hiragana are sometimes spaced out, but normal adult writing never uses spaces. With kanji added, they are not needed because it is already clear where the word boundaries are. (just check out www.yomiuri.co.jp or another site to see)

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » October 21st, 2006 3:30 am

You may find not using spaces takes some getting used to. But after you get more familar with sentence structures and learn more vocab, it's not a big deal. After a while, you'll probably find it harder to read and write with spaces than without. Kanji also helps a lot.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Kaaosa
New in Town

Postby Kaaosa » October 26th, 2006 12:38 pm

よ~。
ケーです。 はじめまして。 私は10月から日本語を勉強しました。 少しわかりますが、もっとわかりたい。 漢字はむずかしい。。。 きらいです~。

And there's my intro. Most likely rife with grammatical errors. Let me know how many there are, please?

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » October 26th, 2006 1:13 pm

Kaaosa wrote:よ~。
ケーです。 はじめまして。 私は10月から日本語を勉強しました。 少しわかりますが、もっとわかりたい。 漢字はむずかしい。。。 きらいです~。

And there's my intro. Most likely rife with grammatical errors. Let me know how many there are, please?

Again, no spaces in Japanese, please. It's not pleasant to read, and much more time-consuming for you to type. Stop using spaces and you'll cut your Japanese typing time in half. And use kanji where ever possible (also aided by not using spaces).

One thing. According to my grammar books and ALC, there is no -tai form for "wakaru" (despite the fact that it gets a bunch of Google hits). I think you should perhaps use わかるようになりたい instead.

The rest is basically okay, but you might want to put the "hajimemashite" before you introduce your name.

JonnyB
New in Town

私の日誌を手伝ってくれませんか

Postby JonnyB » October 26th, 2006 1:42 pm

お早う皆さん

私は日誌を書きましてのに私の日本語を進みます

ここにリンクあります

http://evilbydesign.blogspot.com

評しましてお願いします

ありがとう
私の日本語のウエブログ

http://evilbydesign.blogspot.com/

あそこに下さい行きます。
ありがとうございます。

Curuniel
New in Town

Konnichiwa

Postby Curuniel » November 28th, 2006 10:11 pm

Minasan, konnichiwa ^_^ Watashi wa 'Liz' (Rizu) de, Nyuujiirando-jin desu. Jyuu nana sai de, koukou de Nihongo o benkyoushimasu. Kyou, Nihongo no shiken o ukemasu yo! (I know, I know, I probably should have started practise earlier :P). Sotsugyoushita ato de, Nyuujiirando no shuto no Uerinton de daigaku ni hairimasu. Daigaku de Nihongo wa benkyoushinai node, koko de renshyuu suru koto ga ii desu ne.
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Ok, so some of that'll be a bit beyond you if you're beginners on the podcast, I do Japanese at school and have for a few years, so don't worry :) But it'd be nice to chat with you even if you're just starting!

PS: My computer won't do kana and kanji for me, my apologies...

weiping2007
New in Town

hi

Postby weiping2007 » December 7th, 2006 1:30 pm

hajimemashite. watashi wa lee desu. yorusiku onegani shimasu.. :D

i want to learn japanese language,culture and many more....

if you got msn please add me

arigato...

Vision
Been Around a Bit

Postby Vision » December 21st, 2006 5:21 pm

Hajimemashite! Watashi wa Arvin (Aavin) desu, Amerikajin desu to . Jyuu go sai desu, Kuriivurando (Cleveland) susshin desu. Yoroshiku Onegaishimase!

Long Fong
New in Town

Postby Long Fong » December 24th, 2006 4:32 pm

はじめまして。  ラリーと申します。よろしくおねがいいたします。
 映画についてはなしをしよう!  みんなはトニ_タキタニと言う映画を見たことある?すごくおもしろくて、うら悲しかった。でも、本当に好きだった。日本の映画をおそすみして下さい。

AngryJohn
New in Town

Postby AngryJohn » December 27th, 2006 2:02 am

はじめまして。 アングリー・ジョンです。よろしくお願いします。二年制大学で日本語を勉強しています。おもしろくて楽しいですがとても難しいですよ。聞く練習が一番難しいです。いつも私は「も一度ください。ゆっくりください。」と言っています。日本語の先生はとても親切し優しいし可愛いし、クラスが好きですよ。日本語を勉強するのが大好きですがまだ上手じゃありません。今年の5月に日本に行きました。今度又行きたいですよ。来年の6月に行くつもりです。先学期、先生は「毎日、J-ポッドを聞いてください」と言いました。このポストは初めてです。

osekihan
Been Around a Bit

Postby osekihan » December 27th, 2006 8:39 am

はじめまして。

私は高校で日本語の勉強をしています。 大学そつぎよしてから日本に住みたいです。 でもどんな仕事やりたいのがまだわなりません。 私は日本にうまれたでも一か月だけすみました。 アメリカはつまれないですから日本に住みたいです。

そのほかに。。。 だれか私の日本語をたすけてくれ。

padrik
Established Presence

Postby padrik » January 3rd, 2007 2:08 am

皆さん、
はじめまして。カールと申します。アメリカのボストンから参りました。よろしくお願いいたします。私はJPODについては新しいですね。最初は本当いいサイトと思うけど、まだここで勉強しない。。。今は7日のテストだけで、面白そうですね。一緒に勉強しましょう。頑張りましょう! :D
カール

Return to “Practice Japanese - 日本語を練習しましょう”