Or sign up using Facebook

Not sure where to start after my hiatus >_<

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Kurisu_4
New in Town

Not sure where to start after my hiatus >_<

Postby Kurisu_4 » September 27th, 2017 7:50 am

Hello friends,

I started going through the lessons on the website (using the Android app) about this time last year but I had to take a several month hiatus due to exams in the summer. I started going over vocabulary again (I use Memrise for this.) and that's been going well. But now I really want to get stuck into lessons again and progress but I'm finding that I am not 100% confident on the grammar I previously covered.
The courses I had completed were as follows;
  1. Newbie Seasons 2-5
  2. Particles (classified under “Bonus Courses”)
  3. Beginner Seasons 4-6

So I'm not sure how to progress forward.. Should I start from the start again? Or maybe go over the review lessons? (if this is the best way I would be grateful for someone to direct me to those lessons).

Thanks! :D

Kurisu_4
New in Town

Re: Not sure where to start after my hiatus >_<

Postby Kurisu_4 » October 2nd, 2017 2:37 pm

So uh, this place seems like a bit of a ghost town :shock:. For anyone that's interested though, I've started going through all the lessons I previously covered but I've just been listening to the dialogs. If I don't understand the dialog or feel a bit rusty then I'll read through the PDF notes and go over the line by line audio until I understand. Hopefully this is helpful for anyone in a similar situation.

Get 40% OFF
motoko.innovative
Been Around a Bit

Re: Not sure where to start after my hiatus >_<

Postby motoko.innovative » October 12th, 2017 1:55 am

Kurisu_4-san konnichiwa,

Thank you for your post and sorry for the belated response!
I personally recommend
1) go through Beginner Season 5 and 6
2) if you feel confident, move to Lower Intermediate Season 6, which is the bridge course from Beginner to Lower Intermediate series
if you feel you need more practice, study "Must-Know Japanese Sentence Structure" series to brush up your knowledge.

Hope this helps, and good luck on your learning!
Motoko
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Learn All About Japanese”