a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Not sure if learning in the correct order

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

outvotedpw_516061
New in Town

Not sure if learning in the correct order

Postby outvotedpw_516061 » April 13th, 2017 10:59 pm

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but so far haven't found a post on it. At first I was doing the learning path titled "Mastering Japanese:Level 1", but found that there were some parts of lessons, like new particles being used, that were never mentioned in previous lessons, so I just decided to turn to Beginner season 1 to just start at the beginning. However, it also seems like there are times where there are new ideas as far as grammar or particles that haven't been discussed yet. For example, the particle 'ga' being used when talking about what you like, that wasn't really explained, sort of just thrown in. Does all of this just end up coming with time, and are explained later, or should I also be looking at other lessons?

jim.schuler
Established Presence

Re: Not sure if learning in the correct order

Postby jim.schuler » April 14th, 2017 4:44 am

You can start with the absolute beginner series and I believe there is a set of lessons set aside specifically for particles (just search for particles).

When it comes to "ga" and "wa," you can spend dozens of hours trying to formally learn it and probably still wind up confused, or you just go with it. You will get a handle on it through exposure eventually.

Get 40% OFF
community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Not sure if learning in the correct order

Postby community.japanese » May 9th, 2017 2:10 am

san,
Konnichiwa.
We have learning paths so please go to the page below and choose series suit you.
https://www.japanesepod101.com/learning-paths/
if you follow the order of lessons, it should be ok.
If you still have questions, please feel free to ask us again.

jim.schuler san,
konnichiwa.
Thank you for your comment.
:)
Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Learn All About Japanese”