Or sign up using Facebook

平仮名の発音について

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

mikuji
Established Presence

平仮名の発音について

Postby mikuji » November 16th, 2006 10:13 am

平仮名の発音についてちょっと問題があります

ときどき、平仮名て」てい」や」めい」などは」てえ」と」めえ」の発音がありそうです。その平仮名はいつ」てい」と」めい」、いつ」てえ」と」めえ」をと言うことですか。

よろしくお願いします

ミクジ

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Re: 平仮名の発音について

Postby Bueller_007 » November 16th, 2006 10:26 am

mikuji wrote:平仮名の発音についてちょっと問題があります

ときどき、平仮名て」てい」や」めい」などは」てえ」と」めえ」の発音がありそうです。その平仮名はいつ」てい」と」めい」、いつ」てえ」と」めえ」をと言うことですか。

よろしくお願いします

ミクジ

http://home.alc.co.jp/db/owa/jpn_npa?stage=2&sn=130

My battery is dying, so I can't translate it for you at the moment, but I believe that answers your question.

As I recall, in a nutshell, it boils down to inconsistencies between the writing of words of Japanese origin and words of Chinese origin introduced when the Japanese writing system was reformed after WWII.

I posted elsewhere on the forum about the difference between おお (i.e. 大) and おう (i.e. 王), which is another issue introduced by the orthographical reform. (Again, inconsistency between Japanese and Chinese readings of kanji.)

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
mikuji
Established Presence

Postby mikuji » November 24th, 2006 5:28 pm

Bueller-007さん その返事にありがとうございます。

そのwww.alc.co.jpのページは歴史的な理由がお説明します。ところで発音を書く方法を教えますが[めい]と[せい]とか読む方法を教えません。どちらの発音ですか。 例えば、学生=[がくせい]を読んだら[gakusee]と[gakusei]とどう発音すればいいですか。 規則がありますか。

どうぞよろしくお願いします。

ミクジ

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » November 25th, 2006 5:27 am

mikuji wrote:Bueller-007さん その返事にありがとうございます。

そのwww.alc.co.jpのページは歴史的な理由がお説明します。ところで発音を書く方法を教えますが[めい]と[せい]とか読む方法を教えません。どちらの発音ですか。 例えば、学生=[がくせい]を読んだら[gakusee]と[gakusei]とどう発音すればいいですか。 規則がありますか。

どうぞよろしくお願いします。

ミクジ

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to tell which way it is pronounced simply because the two sounds have been garbled together with one writing. Sounds that are pronounced えー and sounds that are pronounced えい are both written as えい for on-yomi.

Imagine that we deleted the letter "z" from the English language and just used "s" to replace it. It'd be pretty hard to tell which words were supposed to be pronounced "z" and which words were supposed to be pronounced "s"...

Just pronounced your on-yomi's as えー. It's easier to say anyway.

If you feel like researching this yourself, this is the Japanese government guide to kana usage:
http://tinyurl.com/yhz7m7

Return to “Learn All About Japanese”