a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

is this phrase correct?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

rayman.the.one.and.only1_498570
Established Presence

is this phrase correct?

Postby rayman.the.one.and.only1_498570 » November 4th, 2014 8:00 pm

So I've been working on my blog and also just practicing Japanese by making random sentences other than "[insert noun] ga daisuki desu" (Which for a while was the only sentence I could form lol) So I have two different sentences/phrases, and I am wondering if this actually is a correct way to get my meaning across at all..
The first sentence that I came up with is "I belong with/to you" Like what we say in America when we are in love with someone. Anyway I struggled with it for a while but I came up with 「君に属してね。」 or "Kimi ni zokushite ne." and I feel like somethings missing, but I can't figure out what. This doesn't seem like a very formal sentence although I suppose it wouldn't really be one since you would say this to your boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife, but I feel like this is missing a particle or something, I dropped watashi wa in this sentence, so maybe I shouldn't have, then again this all has to do with context doesn't it? And then this could totally not make any sense at all, so yeah.
So the next sentence I came up with I was writing for my blog, and I had just mentioned that I was Mormon on the blog, and I am trying to say "the reason I mention it [it would refer to me being Mormon] is because the church is a big part of my life" The sentence I came up with is 「その道理は私がそれを言及、教会が私の人生の大部分ですから。」 or in Romanji "sono douri wa watashi ga sore o genkyuu kyoukai ga watashi no jinsei no daibubun desu kara." So there seems something really awkward about this sentence, and I think it's missing something important like a particle or a word I'm missing or just the order that I have the words in, but for the life of me I can't figure out what is missing.
Anyway so help with either of these sentences would be much appreciated. Arigato Gozaimasu! :D

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: is this phrase correct?

Postby community.japanese » November 9th, 2014 6:56 am

rayman.the.one.and.only1 san,
konnichiwa. :D
If you say "I belong with/to you" to boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife, you can say ‘私はあなたのものです’.
"The reason I mention it [it would refer to me being Mormon] is because the church is a big part of my life" “私がそう言った理由は、教会が私の人生の大部分だからです”.

Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
rayman.the.one.and.only1_498570
Established Presence

Postby rayman.the.one.and.only1_498570 » November 10th, 2014 1:10 am

ありがとございます! :D

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » November 12th, 2014 9:46 am