a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Could use some suggestions regarding my learning progress

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

redxiiinanaki3864
New in Town

Could use some suggestions regarding my learning progress

Postby redxiiinanaki3864 » October 7th, 2014 10:33 am

Hello there, I've been learning Japanese for about a year now. I admit, I might have not been entirely committed to it, I mean I am a college student, and computer science is hard. Plus, I mostly just listened to the audio tracks on my way to and from college. I did get the hang of hiragana and katana, but kanji symbols are tough. With the audio lessons I sort of get it, I can safetely say that I mastered the 2 Absolute Beginner seasons but I have issues with future seasons (newbie season 1 through 4), due to the adjectives and verbs.... this is why I am actually starting to give the lesson notes a chance, see the text as Kanji... but even so, I feel iffy if I'm doing that well...

So I was wondering if I could get some advice on this stuff. I mostly learn to be able to play Japanese RPGs and watch animes, because I am tired of waiting for translations that may never come. So it's less about communication, and more about understanding that someone's telling me.

Should I take on a specific route with my studies, or am I overthinking this and should press on with the classes?

Thanks a lot everybody!

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Could use some suggestions regarding my learning progres

Postby community.japanese » October 11th, 2014 2:36 am

redxiiinanaki3864 さん、

Konnichiwa.
I can understand your straggling. :shock:
However, it’s up to your goal.
If you want to interact with people in Japanese, you should memorise adjectives and verb as you know.
It’s said that four skills, speaking, listening, reading and writing are related each other.
If you want to improve speaking, you should try to improve other skills, too.
I recommend you to memorise vocabulary in each lesson properly with writing, reading, speaking and listening.

Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com
Get 40% OFF Forever Discount

Return to “Learn All About Japanese”