a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Advice on a School Trip to Japan

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Liuqahs154889
New in Town

Advice on a School Trip to Japan

Postby Liuqahs154889 » November 9th, 2011 3:42 pm

Hey guys. I didn't know if this should go in the visit japan or working/studying in japan area, so I hope this isn't the wrong subforum.

My university is starting a new program where Japanese language students go to Japan over the summer, taking some courses while we're there. We'll be staying in Kanazawa City, which they say is near Kyoto and Osaka. We'll also apparently be staying with a Japanese family on the weekdays, with free weekends.

Anyway, I've just started studying Japanese this summer, and I'm getting a basic grasp, just need to increase my vocabulary. Do you think it's possible for me to be able to speak it functionally by this June? I'd love to go there and try to speak no english whatsoever. The organizers were also unclear about the costs, claiming only that we'll have to pay a "GREAT DEAL LESS than similar programs". Does anyone have any idea what the costs are for similar programs? I have some money saved up, but I planned on spending quite a bit of it. I just want to know if I have enough now or I'll need more.

Thanks.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”