Or sign up using Facebook

Art industry in japan

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

rem92
New in Town

Art industry in japan

Postby rem92 » September 28th, 2011 4:37 am

Hello my friends

So like everyone else here, i got a huge interesting in japan life and culture, and i am an illustration student, so, it would be wonderful to get a nice job as an artist in japan, most likely in the gaming or movies industry as a concept artist, so i wanted to ask if anyone here knows about the situation o f the art industry in japan, are there good opportunities? are they in need or artist ? anyone here are artist working in japan?

;)

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » September 28th, 2011 1:39 pm

The creative industry in Japan is milked by sponsors, agencies and broadcasters/publishers to the point that the people actually doing the creating end up with more of an 生地獄 than a rewarding career. I posted about it in this thread, where you can see a picture illustrating the breakdown of money. My girlfriend's a graphic designer and many of the stories I hear from her are horrific. If the idea of taking a sleeping bag to work sounds unusual to you, working in Japan might not be your best option. Some foreign companies based there have a more reasonable working culture, but I'd thoroughly research any position you're thinking about and maybe look to getting hired before you move there.

Get 40% OFF
rem92
New in Town

Postby rem92 » September 28th, 2011 4:46 pm

Wow, Japan is really a life sucker when it comes to jobs then... sounds harsh... a sleeping bag to work? arent there any laws or civil rights that can protect the employee from being order to work so much ? o:

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”