a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Working in japan for a haafu

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Zenkai
New in Town

Working in japan for a haafu

Postby Zenkai » November 27th, 2007 5:02 pm

.. did I wrote it correct? Haafu? ... in any case.

I'm one of the numerous I noticed, that would like to live in Japan for a while.
In february 2008 I'll be in japan fora couple of weeks to see how's the place..
My last time in japan was when I was 6 (now amma 29 years old half japanese half italian guy)..

Hahahaha.. ^^'' I'm mostly italian and didn't take much from my father (that is japanese).. neither the language.. :cry:

It's just a little less that 2 months since I started studying the language, since my desire to ... 'come back to japan'...

Anyways, if I'll find that I really wanna do that and spend a year or two in JPN I wonder if I can find a work.
I have japanese citizenship, japanese passport, so I think I don't have to carry about visas, and other related things.
The problem is my very poor Japanese skills.
Here in italy I'm a poor forever junior programmer (no degree, just high school), but I don't care at all about the job I can find. I speack english and Italian of course..
A job like, dishwasher at a resaturant, or at makudonarudo is possible?

hmmm... here in italy apart for chinese, is quite hard to find a work if you don't speack the language... mmmh, apart for constructions (albanians, romanians), and if you barely learn a 20 or 30 words you can work as a housemaid, even if.. you have to be a female..

I hope this post was fun, even if I'm serious, can I find a Job in Japan? (preferably in Tokyo area, [TokyoKen?])

Minna san, Doumo Arigato gosaimasu! (is the construction of the phrase correct? :oops: )

JonB
Expert on Something

Go for foreign companies

Postby JonB » November 28th, 2007 4:01 am

See my other post [urlhttp://www.japanesepod101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2316]here[/url] for some IT links.

For desk jobs I think it would still be hard to get a job in a Japanese company even if you spoke fluent Japanese as they would probably require a degree. I think you would find foreign companies more flexible going for experience over education...

Get 40% OFF
Zenkai
New in Town

My objective

Postby Zenkai » November 28th, 2007 11:27 pm

My first objective is to learn japanese, so the more I ahve to speack the better is.

Anyway I think I'll really prefer a kind of job different from mine, like マクドナルド, well, I mean a job where I'm in contact with japanese speacking ppl.. listening all the time japanese.
I heard that If you start a job at マクドナルド macdonald in a conuntry, you can ask for transfer into another.. I don't know if it's real.. a girl from macdonald told me.. so i think so.

I'll look for the link anyways, thanks man!

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”