a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Kanji by grade web applets

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

rshiplett
Established Presence

Kanji by grade web applets

Postby rshiplett » July 2nd, 2012 5:15 pm

Using Tokyo's SCSK Corp's Curl web language, I have built Curl applets for kanji learning at http://kanji.aule-browser.com

The Kanji by Grade pages now randomize the Kanji, so the first one is effectively a "Kanji-of-the-day" but this also remains the case for the search field's default Kanji character.

In the case of combined grades, the Kanji in the search field always starts as one from the top grade, giving you two "Kanji of the day" - one easy and one more challenging.

Compared to loading and re-loading Adobe Flash or Adobe Reader updates, loading Curl about once a year seems pretty simple.

SCSK Curl was originally MIT Curl and is now in version curl9 known as Curl 8.0

The Curl CAEDE library now can be used to create Android app's as well as web and desktop app's. Apple iOS app's are coming soon. Curl app's already run on Windows, Mac and Linux PC's, laptops, netbooks and ultrabooks.
Last edited by rshiplett on July 3rd, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » July 3rd, 2012 2:13 am

Hi rshiplett,

thank you for sharing this!

Stefania/JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
rshiplett
Established Presence

recognizing Japanese Kanji

Postby rshiplett » July 3rd, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks - I keep improving the pages so that I remain a satisfied user of my own work ! At least I hope they are improvements. I am glad to put up a simpler or different page if someone requests it. I may start dong more HTML5 pages which require JavaScript as alternatives to the SCSK Curl pages.

team.relationships wrote:Hi rshiplett,

thank you for sharing this!

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » July 4th, 2012 1:05 am

Hi rshiplett,

there's so better satisfaction than being satisfied with your own work just as you said!

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”