a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Looking for a message board that's in Japanese

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

tennisdude818
New in Town

Looking for a message board that's in Japanese

Postby tennisdude818 » January 20th, 2010 7:38 pm

I spend a lot of time on message boards, so I may as well visit some that are in Japanese. I'm primarily looking for political forums because I assume that the language there is the most "normal". Based on my experience on English forums, if I go on something like a gaming board I will probably spend a lot of time getting used to "Internet Language" and there is no point in me studying that right now.

So, does anybody visit any form of Japanese message boards, and do you find it to be a helpful form of immersion?

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » January 21st, 2010 5:19 am

Tennisdude818,

You don't happen to live in Japan, do you? If you did, I would recommend Mixi, which is actually a social networking service, but they have thousands of communities each with their own message board, which makes it really easy to find people to talk to about.. well... anything you want! You need a Japanese cell phone address to sign up though, unfortunately, so I'm afraid if you're outside of Japan you are out of luck :(

Hopefully someone else will come along with some other ideas!
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Join by May 6th
tennisdude818
New in Town

Postby tennisdude818 » January 21st, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks Jessi.

I'm not in Japan so Mixi is not an option unless I'm able to get somebody I know from inside Japan to get me in with a temporary phone number or something like that. I already use lang-8.com, and I say that just because I know that somebody will bring it up because it's good. For those who don't know, it's a language exchange site. So for example, I write Japanese and Mandarin on the site for Japanese and Chinese people to correct. Then I correct their English.

I'm using Google to search for a political forum. I'm assuming I should use the word 政治。Perhaps I should search for 政治の相談? And for a while now I've been having a hard time finding the best word for "message board" or "Internet forum" because I've yet to find any of these in Japanese.

Lol, if my Japanese isn't at the level where I can even find a site like this, I shouldn't be posting on it when I finally find it.

QuackingShoe
Expert on Something

Postby QuackingShoe » January 21st, 2010 1:59 pm

http://chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/

http://kotonoha.cc/

Not message boards exactly. Just entertaining community websites. Particularly the latter is good for random, bored browsing.

percent20
Been Around a Bit

Postby percent20 » March 28th, 2010 7:18 pm

There is always 2chan

http://www.2chan.net/

If you join let us now how it goes.

tennisdude818
New in Town

Postby tennisdude818 » March 28th, 2010 9:09 pm

I got on Mixi. You can get on with a .edu email address, so that was my way in. Problem solved! I've been on 2chan a little but I can't give much of an opinion yet. I'll be on that more later.

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”