Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

I need a japanese bookstore

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

kageri
Been Around a Bit

Postby kageri » March 20th, 2009 7:19 am

this textbook sounds good though it is above my level yet. When you explored it a little bit you could write a little bit more about this. Would be helpful.

For デトロイト・メタル・シティ. I know a few chapter of the manga and the anime. Pretty funny and a little bit crazy. Enjoy it. I can't judge the language of the manga, I had an english translation :)
For the anime I understood about 50% (but that doesnt say anything, its the same for all anime I watch^^)

zakojanai
Established Presence

Postby zakojanai » March 20th, 2009 8:11 am

Glad to see Detroit Metal City getting some love. I lived in Inukai, the town that the mangaka is from and where parts of the series are set. They even filmed part of the movie there, but for some reason I decided to go to Tokyo that week. It's a pretty funny series, but the language is really dirty. At least you get to learn some Oita-ben!

Get 40% OFF
kusyok
New in Town

Postby kusyok » April 20th, 2009 12:43 pm

And how much the package weights? without books?

suzettelopez
New in Town

Postby suzettelopez » April 30th, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi... Check out

Infiniy Books Japan

They deliver books right to your doorstep ;)

Mojito
New in Town

beNippon

Postby Mojito » April 30th, 2009 5:30 pm

I ordered a book through beNippon that worked out pretty well. They take PayPal, and can ship either traceable (expensive) or slower and non-traceable (not as expensive, but not cheap). I chose the slow method and the book arrived in 2 weeks in the USA. The web pages are in English, which helped on this first-time order. email support was good too.

The book I ordered cost 890円 and shipping was an additional 480円 to ship 500g, plus a "payment method fee" of 4.5%, 66円. Total came to 1536円. It came with rather a lot of bubble wrap for a small paperback.

amazon.jp lists the same book for 780円 plus shipping. They say free shipping on orders over 1500円 but I doubt that applies to international orders.

The book was 夏子の酒 ("Natsuko no sake") volume 1. As there are twelve volumes in this manga series, I need to decide eventually the best way to order the rest of them.

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”