a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Downloading a Japanese IME w/o Office XP or XP CD

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Mr Srippery
Been Around a Bit

Downloading a Japanese IME w/o Office XP or XP CD

Postby Mr Srippery » June 21st, 2008 2:29 am

I tried to download a Japanese IME via the link given in the sticky regarding the topic of writing in Japanese, but because I can't seem to find my Windows XP at the moment, I'm unable to completely install it.

I was wondering if there's any way I CAN install a Japanese IME without the need of Office XP and/or my Windows CD.

I don't even know what Office XP IS. I have Microsoft Office installed, but apparently that's not right.

Anyway, thanks for any help! Yorishiku onegaishimasu!

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » June 21st, 2008 9:31 am

Hating to be the bringer of bad news, but I wouldn't get your hopes up on this one. As far as I my searches have lead me, I have found no solution to this without having to resort to JWPce. If anyone does know a solution not involving software install CDs, let me know because I get this question a lot from other people I know learning Japanese.
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » June 21st, 2008 3:59 pm

If you have the cab files from the cd, (can be a similar version of windows, doesn't have to be exactly the same), when windows asks for the CD, point it to those files instead.

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”