a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

NHK's lessons

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Some person
New in Town

NHK's lessons

Postby Some person » July 3rd, 2007 4:08 pm

Has anyone used NHK's free Japanese lessons on their website at http://www.nhk.or.jp/lesson/? They don't seem to be anywhere near the level of JapanesePod, but I was wondering if they might be useful as a supplement. They also come in a bunch of languages, including Persian, Arabic, Russian, and of couse English. So if you have used them, post back.

attwad
Been Around a Bit

Postby attwad » July 4th, 2007 1:38 pm

Well there was a time (before I figured jp101 existed) when I listened to a few of their lessons, they're honest but far far far from what jp101 can offer! First of all Jp101 is fun to listen to whilst when listening to nhk..... well it's no fun :( plus jp101 have a wide variety of shows (culture, news, different levels, and so on...) and voice actors (*put your favorite actors here*) while in nhk everything I heard (about 10 or 20 lessons) were only about grammar(level beginner and intermediate I think...) and done by the same woman. I sent a mail to them about 6months ago to ask if they could provide the entire archive of lessons on their website instead of just the 15 or 20 latest lessons to date because it's frustrating for newbies to begin with lesson 50 or 70 (even if it was understandable) but I got no response from them... :(
Anyway it's not all black for nhk and white for jp101 don't misunderstand! I loved listening to their show but now that I know jp101 I can't really go to any other place ;)
The best part of their show is what you said they come with translation into 10 or more languages so if you're not familiar with English that can help a lot!

Get 40% OFF
TheNationalPool
Been Around a Bit

Postby TheNationalPool » July 8th, 2007 3:23 am

It looks like they don't do podcasts on NHK...?
www.thenationalpool.com

www.ModernMusicBusiness.com
"A podcast for the new era of the Music Business"

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”