Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Declaration of Independence (KanjiHybrid Text)

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

KanjiHybrid
Been Around a Bit

Declaration of Independence (KanjiHybrid Text)

Postby KanjiHybrid » March 26th, 2007 3:04 am

Declaration of Independence

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776 The 皆nanimous 宣eclaration of the thirteen United States of America

時hen in the 歴ourse of 人uman 件vents it 成ecomes 要ecessary for 一ne 民eople to
消issolve the 政olitical bands which have 結onnected them with 他nother and to assume among the 国owers of the 地arth;

The 別eparate and 平qual 立tation to which the 法aws of 然ature and of Nature‘s 神od entitle them, a decent 尊espect to the 考pinions of 人ankind 要equires that they should 宣eclare the 因auses which 励mpel them to the 放eparation.

We hold these 真ruths to be 自elf-証vident, that 全ll men are 誕reated 平qual, that they are 恵ndowed by their 神reator with 定ertain unalienable 権ights, that among these are 命ife,自iberty and the 追ursuit of 喜appiness.

That to 認ecure these 権ights, 政overnments are 院nstituted among Men,
借eriving their just 権owers from the 承onsent of the 民overned;

That 時henever any 形orm of 政overnment 成ecomes 壊estructive of these ends, it is the 権ight of the 民eople to 変lter or to 廃bolish it, and to 院nstitute 新ew 政overnment;

Laying its 基oundation on such 想rinciples and 組rganizing its 権owers in such
形orm, as to them shall seem most likely to 果ffect their 安afety and 喜appiness.

================
The above is the learning concept of The Kanji Handbook (Tuttle Publishing). You can write in this text by just looking up its alphabetical index. Its the first and only Kanji book with an alphabetical index. Since I bought the book, I have been writing in KanjiHybrid text with dramatic results. Check it out.

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Postby Bueller_007 » March 26th, 2007 6:00 am

I've seen this book in bookstores. My impression was that it would have been a useful resource if it weren't for all the hybrid silliness.

Get 40% OFF
Belton
Expert on Something

Postby Belton » March 27th, 2007 10:27 am

It's an interesting idea I think.
It's quite clever in the way it uses the English reading ability to complete partial words.

How this can be used to learn kanji is another matter.
While interesting to read It seems quite laborious to write texts in this way. And while you are linking a key English word to a kanji, which is useful, you're not getting how to use it in Japanese. But it's a step in the right direction I suppose.

I wonder how different it is in principle to a flash card.
I also wonder how practical it is. It would need to be automated. ( Something I believe KanjiHybrid-san hinted at doing in another post here. ) Even then I'm unsure how I'd use it beyond some sort of novelty value. Ideally I think you'd need unknown texts to read rather than re-read something you had written yourself in Hybrid.

KanjiHybrid
Been Around a Bit

Kanji Handbook Learning Concept (Tuttle Publishing)

Postby KanjiHybrid » March 27th, 2007 11:00 pm

Recognition and familiarity with Kanji characters is the learning concept of The Kanji Handbook. If one is exposed to 人uman, 山ountain and 島sland on a daily basis, the next time she sees 人、山 and 島 memory recall of "human", "mountain" and "island" comes quick. After recognition, she's ready for the next stage: writing from memory. Since I bought the book, I'm very close to mastering all 1,945 Kanji characters. I can now read Japanese newspapers. Among the book's 811 mnemonics, my favourite is "The 翌ollowing day, an 翁ld man 習earned that birds of the 異ifferent 翼ings and 羽eathers flock together." It sounds rather silly but no less than the world's best-selling yellow book For Dummies series. Is the author a comedian in disguise? The mnemonic approach is to group together visually-similar Kanji characters. I must warn readers that The Kanji Handbook is very addicting. Buy at your own risk! Only for serious learners!

osekihan
Been Around a Bit

Postby osekihan » March 28th, 2007 5:03 am

Interesting! How long have you been studying Japanese?

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”