a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

JLPT2 Preparation - Advice Needed

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Steve2007
New in Town

JLPT2 Preparation - Advice Needed

Postby Steve2007 » February 18th, 2008 8:00 pm

I do hope someone can help. I have a Japanese teacher who has been helping me begin preparations for the JLPT2 & has been translating the Kanzen Masters JLPT2 textbook for me of which she has completed about 20%. Today she told me she has to unexpectedly return to Japan in 9 weeks. My dilemma is that are there any other books that cover the syllabus requirements as this book does (I found the JLPT3 Kanzen book brilliant). Should I pay for as much of her time as possible in the next 9 weeks to complete as much of the remaining translations as possible, or can the grammar points be sourced in English in other text books. If anyone could help I would be so grateful (or maybe someone can advise how I can instead use the next 8 weeks to maximum advantage on grammar points that perhaps are generally recognized as the most difficult for the JLPT2). Steve

annie
Expert on Something

Postby annie » February 18th, 2008 11:23 pm

There are some English stickers you can buy...
http://www.nihongolessons.com/stickers.html I think this was the site. They may have been elsewhere though.

But, there are a lot of great grammar resources on the web and I'm not convinced that Kanzen Master has the best example sentences. (And the web has loads more of them)

I've also seen another 2-kyu grammar book, with English translations in it already. I'll make note of the name, the next time I'm at the bookstore.

Get 40% OFF
kcsega
New in Town

Postby kcsega » February 19th, 2008 4:27 am

I'm attending a Japanese language school in Tokyo.
All the classes are in complete Japanese, so we have to learn all the grammar points using Japanese explanations. While it is very beneficial to do so, sometimes you just want to hear or see the explanation in English.

That's why I use www.jgram.org

They are missing a few of the more colloquial grammar points, but for things that will appear on the exam, and most likely in your book, it's a great resource.

(Lol, I sound like a fake TV commercial.)

mrkaeru
New in Town

Kodansha's "Power Japanese" series

Postby mrkaeru » February 19th, 2008 6:53 am

What used to be called Kodansha's "Power Japanese" series has a lot of the 2kyuu patterns explained in thorough English (though not all, and spread out over a few books. Two to take a look at are Japanese Verbs at a Glance (Chino) and Basic Connections: Making your Japanese Flow (also by Chino I believe).

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”