Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Favorite anime?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

harvestmoonrokr
New in Town

Postby harvestmoonrokr » October 22nd, 2009 10:17 pm

I totally forgot about Haruhi Suzumiya :O, that's a great show too... but I really wish they would make a Yotsuba& anime... the manga is great for learning Japanese! And I watched the OP and that was one crazy OP :D especially the part where the man is tied to a rope and then there is some persons face on the side :D

spare_change
Been Around a Bit

Postby spare_change » October 22nd, 2009 10:23 pm

Yeah Haruhi! I still have yet to buy the DVDs. Yeah there are a couple of guys faces that pop up during the show. They all have something to do with the show although I don't really know exactly. One guy's face is frequently used as a censor lol. Pretty hilarious!

Get 40% OFF
harvestmoonrokr
New in Town

Postby harvestmoonrokr » October 22nd, 2009 10:28 pm

and yet again, I forgot Lucky Star :D I love it but I never got passed Disk 1 cause my friends copy was horribly defective :(

spare_change
Been Around a Bit

Postby spare_change » October 23rd, 2009 3:37 am

Copy? Like copy copy? heh, ok I won't ask...I watched the fansubs for lucky star long ago. I may or may not buy it in the future. I only buy the stuff I really know I'll watch over and over. Was pretty funny though!

(I am suprised by the lack of responses here......)

Yotsuba& is inevitable right? Cause Azumanga Daioh was too damn awesome...they gotta do Yotsuba&! I hope anyway. I enjoy reading the manga so no biggie if they don't! I recently downloaded the original and plan to compare it to the English translated manga I bought :wink: That should be a fun learning experience :D

QuackingShoe
Expert on Something

Postby QuackingShoe » October 23rd, 2009 5:07 pm

To the best of my knowledge, Azuma has said he doesn't want a Yotsubato anime, but who knows.

spare_change
Been Around a Bit

Postby spare_change » October 23rd, 2009 5:40 pm

yeah I just read that on ann...crap.

harvestmoonrokr
New in Town

Postby harvestmoonrokr » October 23rd, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm not all the upset about it actually :), it's a great manga regardless! My favorite character in Azumanga Daioh is a tie between everybody :D... I'd say Chiyo's Father though most likely :D (Halo everymebody, o hao ai wishu ai was a bird...." Osaka says "Oh my gah" :D

spare_change
Been Around a Bit

Postby spare_change » October 23rd, 2009 8:23 pm

Like a lot of other people I like Osaka the best cause she is really weird :wink: haha

Yeah if there is no anime for Yotsuba& its ok....I'm sure I'll get threw the days somehow lol

harvestmoonrokr
New in Town

Postby harvestmoonrokr » October 24th, 2009 1:32 pm

I'm not at a high enough level yet to translate a lot of Yotsuba& but I've come a pretty good ways :)

spare_change
Been Around a Bit

Postby spare_change » October 24th, 2009 9:44 pm

I downloaded a torrent of the "raw" manga vol 1-6 and there seem to be little hiragana next to all the kanji (I know there is a name for that but forgot what it was) so it seems like it shouldn't be too hard. Otherwise I am not that advanced either. Well Its something I plan to do after I study a bit longer anyway. I'm still on newbie lessons lol.

harvestmoonrokr
New in Town

Postby harvestmoonrokr » October 27th, 2009 11:05 pm

Lol I'm still at newbie to :), and then small hiragana next to the kanji is called Furigana :)

Autotech84
New in Town

Postby Autotech84 » November 11th, 2009 5:27 pm

I have quite a few favorite animes.

Soul Eater
FLCL
Fruits Baskets
Gundam Seed
Trinity Blood
Scryed
Trigun
Chaos Head
Asu no Yoichi
Akikan
Shigofumi
Maria Holic

there's more I just can't think of them all right now.

karurosuv
New in Town

Postby karurosuv » November 19th, 2009 10:43 am

These are my fav favs. They blow away many shows/movies animated or live airing here. If anyone knows of similar quality titles I'd love to know.
-Monster
-Code Geass
-Death Note

Others I've really liked
-Ghost in the Shell
-Toppu wo Nerae! Gunbuster
-Toppu wo Nerae 2! Diebuster
-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
-Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners
-Welcome to the NHK
-Honey & Clover
-Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
-Eureka Seven
-FLCL
-Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
-Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
-Grave of the Fireflies

Only ones I haven't liked and had to stop watching
-School Days
-xxxHolic

Iwakurasan
New in Town

Postby Iwakurasan » December 17th, 2009 7:02 am

Nande! None of you mentioned "Serial Experiments Lain"!? That would be my all-time favorite Anime! :)

I generally prefer to listen to, or read, everything I like in their original tongue. Especially with something so dear to me as SEL. From Appleseed (Ex Machina), to the first Final Fantasy movie, to Macross Frontier, I've always loved the way Japanese sounds! But Lain is actually the foremost reason I want to learn Japanese. I know, it's probablty not considered the most elevated reason for wanting to learn Japanese. But... hidoi-ne! :) Gonna do it anyway!

I'm actually not a real Otaku: I don't watch everything there is to see, and I still haven't seen a single episode of Naruto Shippuuden. :P Don't need to, either. There's a few good shows out there, like Lain, or Ergo Proxy, and some seriously styllish Anime movies, like Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and such. And that's good enough for me.

I only discovered "Serial Experiments Lain" a month ago or so (shows how much I'm behind the times, LOL). And I can tell you, whatever your personal feelings may be with regard to Anime, nothing motivates like being able to watch your favorite show, and every day be able to understand a little more!

FMAsbiggestfan
New in Town

Anime and Manga

Postby FMAsbiggestfan » January 1st, 2010 1:19 am

As my name implies, I really like Fullmetal Alchemist.A lot. Though surprisingly enough I don't tend to be a MAJOR fan-girl :!:
I also like:
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Death Note
And for some odd reason I like Lucky Star too :roll: !!!!

Return to “Japanese Anime & Manga”