a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Banter free lessons

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

dh4m13l
New in Town

Leave it as it is!

Postby dh4m13l » September 10th, 2012 1:43 pm

This topic may be a bit old, but I felt compelled to comment.
I agree with the people who said that they love the way the show is held, I like that friendly atmosphere, and as many of them said, I was also motivated to listen because of the thing you call "banter". The shows with Peter are my favourite, he does talk quite a bit but that's exactly why I like the shows so much, you can see clearly that he definitely loves Japanese, and he loves what he is doing. It shows he is a linguist because of his clear explanations and because of the way he relates vocabulary words and grammar points, and he keeps control of the show, I like the way he makes sure the point is understood. His tone of voice says "Yeah! I got it! I'm so happy!" all the time, in a good way, you can also see he is running a successful business and he is also cheerful because of that. I love the way he is amazed at an interesting grammar point or at a single word or kanji, that's something you don't get anywhere else, JapanesePod101 is unique.
I've listened to a couple of sesons without Peter... and they were not that fun to listen to. Anyway, JapanesePod101 has proved to be very useful for me, I was extremely surprised the other day when I was able to understand many complete and complex sentences on a dorama, I was startled!
Thanks Peter, thanks to all the JapanesePod101 team.

Daniel Tkach
Buenos Aires, Argentina

natsukoy9313
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby natsukoy9313 » September 11th, 2012 7:29 am

dh4m13l-san,
Wow!! Thank you very much for your kind words!! We're glad you loved our lessons!
Whenever you post a new comment, we definitely recieve it even if the previous comment was posted long time ago.
So please feel free to post anything anytime! :wink:

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
mrsspooky5154
Been Around a Bit

Re: Banter free lessons

Postby mrsspooky5154 » April 24th, 2013 1:26 pm

Add me to the list of people who love the banter (especially when Peter is on :) ). I have a small walk-up park near my house where I listen to the audio lessons while taking a walk. People are used to seeing me grinning like an idiot when I walk, but when I bust out laughing, people tend to give me a lot of room.

They say Japanesepod101.com is "fun" and for me that's what makes it fun. As long as there is time for the grammar points and vocab along with the dialog in the beginning and end, I'm happy. :oiwai:

dh4m13l
New in Town

Postby dh4m13l » April 25th, 2013 3:46 am

mrsspooky5154 wrote:Add me to the list of people who love the banter (especially when Peter is on :) ). I have a small walk-up park near my house where I listen to the audio lessons while taking a walk. People are used to seeing me grinning like an idiot when I walk, but when I bust out laughing, people tend to give me a lot of room.

They say Japanesepod101.com is "fun" and for me that's what makes it fun. As long as there is time for the grammar points and vocab along with the dialog in the beginning and end, I'm happy. :oiwai:

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE :oiwai:

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » May 7th, 2013 12:49 am

Hello mrsspooky5154,

That is the best utilization of time I believe! Let people get curious about the reason behind your grinning and laughter. Keep laughing and keep learning :D

Wish you good luck with your Japanese studies!

Cheers,
Neha
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”