Or sign up using Facebook

Are gag intros being removed?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

signorellil
New in Town

Are gag intros being removed?

Postby signorellil » October 22nd, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi everyone,

It may be just me, but am I wrong saying that some of the old audio lessons (circa 2008...) are being re-published without the gag intros? As the gag intros were one of the things that kept me returning to Japanesepod101 even in my moment of low Japanese learning staming, it would be really sad if I was to lose all of them when I reload the lessons from the Itunes feed...

And BTW - when will humour return (at least a bit of it) into the lesson dialogues? Most of last year script have been between maybe interesting from the point of view of the vocabulary, but really not much attention grabbing...

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » October 25th, 2010 12:39 am

Hi signorellil,
Yes, we started to remove the gag intros from the lessons (I don't think we have gotten to all of them yet). I think it was confusing for a lot of listeners to have these gag intros in the beginning of the lesson (especially for new users who don't know about them/lower-level students who can't pick up everything - they are quite advanced). It would be nice to create a collection of them at some point, since there were a lot of funny ones :D
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Get 40% OFF
aoakm
New in Town

finished....really :(

Postby aoakm » December 28th, 2010 6:25 pm

Man, I just loved those intros. My favorite thing was trying to figure out what they heck they were all about. I personally think its a huge loss. booooooo :?

boku1571
Been Around a Bit

Postby boku1571 » April 28th, 2012 6:47 am

There were gag intros?

I missed them?

Boo-Hiss!!!!!!

Howzabout a feed of the lessons *with* the gag intros, separate from those without?

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”