Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Mixi invites - only open to those with a Japanese cell phone

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Logictrigger
New in Town

Postby Logictrigger » April 22nd, 2008 2:48 am

I have a friend who works with the Mixi team and he says the lock is to prevent anonymous stalking and to thwart the rising number of evangelical missionaries that found their way onto the site.

They would contact people who seemed easily susceptible and offer them free English lessons. Except those lessons turned out to be a seminar on how they were inferior and thus going to hell for not believing in Jesus.

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » April 22nd, 2008 3:19 am

Can they possibly add the NON-anonymous domains to the list? If you know where to look, anyone can tell exactly who I am, and where I live just with that e-mail address. (ARRL is the national organization for Amateur Radio in the USA. They provide an e-mail forwarding service for their members. Format is official_callsign AT arrl DOT net.) Most countries national organization provides the same thing. Why not simply block the big anonymous e-mail services (Yahoo!, hotmail, gmail...)

Get 40% OFF
slimjim08
New in Town

Postby slimjim08 » May 10th, 2008 8:23 am

Hi,
I was meaning to post a reply to this page and I accidentally created a new post.
I was wondering if anyone can offer my a mixi invitation.

thank you!
Last edited by slimjim08 on May 11th, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

hatch_jp
Expert on Something

Postby hatch_jp » May 10th, 2008 11:08 am

mixi requires new members to have a mobile phone which is available in Japan to prevent from abusing by spammers and scammers.
This new rule has been enforced since this April.
Unfortunately, you can't sign in mixi without a cell phone for Japan so far.

slimjim08
New in Town

Postby slimjim08 » May 10th, 2008 12:48 pm

hatch_jp wrote:mixi requires new members to have a mobile phone which is available in Japan to prevent from abusing by spammers and scammers.
This new rule has been enforced since this April.
Unfortunately, you can't sign in mixi without a cell phone for Japan so far.

I actually lives in Japan now and have a Japanese mobile phone though...

Bassman
New in Town

Postby Bassman » August 12th, 2008 5:15 am

I can confirm that you need to have an email address from a keitai company such as DoCoMo to register. I managed to register, even though I don't live in Japan, because I have a friend who was a mixi member before this rule came in who let me use their email address to register.

It's interesting, to say the least :-)

hanari78
New in Town

mixi request

Postby hanari78 » August 15th, 2008 6:46 am

Hi! I'm new on this site, but it looks great! I live in Japan and have a cell phone, so I was wondering if someone could send me an invite to mixi! お願いします! My email address is: domer2k {AT} yahoo {DOT} com

Thanks!!!
hana

hanari78
New in Town

mixi help!

Postby hanari78 » August 15th, 2008 3:10 pm

Thanks so much for the quick invite!
I'm having a problem though and maybe someone can help? I filled out the registration online and then got an email from mixi to my cellphone, and there's some kind of box to input information. Anyone know what I'm supposed to put in? I try the password I signed up with for mixi, but I just get the same page again. I have a Softbank phone; does anyone have experience with this??? Please help me!

Thank you thank you!
Hana

_petiteclaire_
New in Town

Postby _petiteclaire_ » August 17th, 2008 6:17 pm

Hanari78さん,

I signed up before it became necessary to have a cellphone, so I can't tell you directly what they want, but if you could put up a picture of the info box and the message that goes with it, it might be easier to help ...

danieru_s
Been Around a Bit

Lang-8

Postby danieru_s » August 18th, 2008 1:43 am

I haven't used my mixi account in quite some time. Stumbled on lang-8.com today. I've created an account and posted an entry there. Seems like an interesting spot to help people learn languages.

qingfeng
New in Town

ほしい〜

Postby qingfeng » August 27th, 2008 3:22 pm

ほしい〜

Zweihander11
New in Town

mixi invitation please :(

Postby Zweihander11 » December 5th, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi I'm new around here...
I'm learning japanese now since a few months and would like to get in touch with fellow students
Can anyone please send a invitation to mixi?

visual_gaze
Been Around a Bit

Postby visual_gaze » January 31st, 2009 8:32 am

ive been hearing alot about mixi and i would realy appreciate it if someone would send me an invite. i would like to give it a try. my email is
thanks in advance! :]

jordock
New in Town

Mixi Invite

Postby jordock » February 4th, 2009 1:07 am

Hi, I'd greatly appreciate a Mixi invite to help me improve my Japanese ability and network with Japanese friends I've lost contact with. My email address is jordan.burdinie @ ezweb.ne.jp (remove the spaces before and after the @ symbol).

tovarish
New in Town

Postby tovarish » February 23rd, 2009 3:50 pm

Hello from Spain :)

Yet another another new boy in town looking for an invitation for Mixi, i'd be great if anyone could help me on this.

Thanks in advance and if anyone wants to practice spanish I can help.

Luis

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”