Or sign up using Facebook

UAE ABU DHABI Science festival!!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Afeya22
New in Town

UAE ABU DHABI Science festival!!

Postby Afeya22 » October 24th, 2015 4:26 pm

Hello I am Afeya

I would like to say that I love your app so much and I am learning so much from it, I even encourage my friends and family to use it and some has :D !

I am writing this post to ask your help, as I will be volunteering in the Abu Dhabi science festival ( it is a festival for kids under the age of 18; it encourages the kids to actually envolve in different areas of science and do experiment). Now I have seen some japanese people at the festival last year, and I hope I see some this year. My problem is that I do not know how to communicate effectively with their kids, because we need to communicate in a certain way to make it interesting for them and understandable. I would really love it if you guys will assist me with this :kokoro: !

The way we take to the children normally is by using easy words while explaining a topic and making it short so they don't loose interest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post

Afeya al Nahdi

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: UAE ABU DHABI Science festival!!

Postby community.japanese » October 25th, 2015 3:24 am

Afeya san,
Konnichiwa. :)
Thank you for your positive comment about your website.
That is an interesting event!
However, I am not sure about your Japanese proficiency level…
If you are a beginner, it might be hard to communicate with native Japanese children in Japanese.
Or would you speak to them in English?
I think those Japanese children are chosen to attend the event. Otherwise they cannot go to Abu Dhabi where is far from Japan. So they should be smart and a high achiever in science field so they might be able to speak English. Also the ministry of education or some foundations or schools may financially support them.
Or they live in Abu Dhabi?
Basically assistant people should ask children’s interests and take them to the departments or explain the topics more, right?
However, as I told if you do them in Japanese, you need high Japanese proficiency…
Please let me know about you Japanese proficiency level.
Or do you mean you would like to know how to start talking to Japanese people?
Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
Afeya22
New in Town

Postby Afeya22 » October 25th, 2015 4:31 pm

Kombanwa yuki san

It is an honer to have a reply from you I am so happy, arigato gozaimasu. :kokoro:

You are right yuki San, my Japanese is Basic, but the way we communicate with all children normally is that we use very very simple language! So if I knew the simple language about science in Japanese it would make my day honto. I even have to use basic language in Arabic, in English, in Urdu, and in Japanese if I could (with your assistance). Moreover, the Japanese people here actually live in the UAE, I guess that the parents are working and the kids are in normal private school like all, because I have seen one actually and the poor cute kid didn't understand a thing. This is really depressing me because kids enjoy science festival and I would really want the Japanese kids to enjoy their experience too.

Thank you so so so much for taking the time to reply yuki San

Afeya al Nahdi

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » October 26th, 2015 5:43 am

Afeya san,
Konnichiwa.
I see. :)
However, science has many different areas and I don’t know about the event. :(
Chemistry? Physics? Geology? Biology?
If you provide me with more information and what you want to say specifically, I will be able to help you.
Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Afeya22
New in Town

Postby Afeya22 » October 26th, 2015 6:00 am

Yuki San ohayo gozaimasu

You are absolutely right we have those areas, once I do the incite training and see what will I be working on I will let you know to help me
Learn the exact words and phrases.

Hontoni arigatou gozaimasu, sorry for the Trouble.

Afeya al Nahdi

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » October 27th, 2015 6:42 am

Afeya san,
Konnichiwa. :)
I see.
That is ok.
It’s not a trouble.
Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com