Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Mixi invites - only open to those with a Japanese cell phone

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » April 8th, 2007 10:06 pm

I have sent you a Mixi Invitation Aristos so be sure to check out your e-mail now! 8) :wink:

nyusternie
New in Town

Getting Started on Mixi

Postby nyusternie » April 13th, 2007 12:04 am

I just wanted to make a quick post to thank Peter-san for "personally" inviting me to join the Mixi community (and I really, really hope that's not HIS car in the profile pic).

I was quite eager to join as soon as I heard the podcast. I'm greatly appreciative of the efforts that the staff of japnesepod101 have put forth to motivate and encourage its listeners, however, pratical usage is the only way for ME to stick with it... to master it :)

I'm heavily dependent on Rikaichan (unfortunatley will NOT help with images) to help me navigate through the site pages, and so far I really like what I see. Something different from the format of MySpace that provides a platform for easy communication and content exchange.

NOW, I need to start cramming so I can figure out how to write a decent profile in Japanese and setup a proper page. Lord knows what it says now.

Other Mixi users, I hope to see you soon on the JP101 Mixi Community.
(Oh and if anyone needs an invite, I'm happy to oblige)
またね

Get 40% OFF
Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: Getting Started on Mixi

Postby Ulver_684 » April 14th, 2007 8:52 pm

nyusternie wrote:I just wanted to make a quick post to thank Peter-san for "personally" inviting me to join the Mixi community (and I really, really hope that's not HIS car in the profile pic).

I was quite eager to join as soon as I heard the podcast. I'm greatly appreciative of the efforts that the staff of japnesepod101 have put forth to motivate and encourage its listeners, however, pratical usage is the only way for ME to stick with it... to master it :)

I'm heavily dependent on Rikaichan (unfortunatley will NOT help with images) to help me navigate through the site pages, and so far I really like what I see. Something different from the format of MySpace that provides a platform for easy communication and content exchange.

NOW, I need to start cramming so I can figure out how to write a decent profile in Japanese and setup a proper page. Lord knows what it says now.

Other Mixi users, I hope to see you soon on the JP101 Mixi Community.
(Oh and if anyone needs an invite, I'm happy to oblige)
またね

Good choice Peter-san! :wink: :?

This is my Mixi ID profile feel free to visit me and add me if you want:

他の方から見たUlver_684さんのトップページです。
(URL は http://mixi.jp/show_friend.pl?id=8515246 です。)

PS: I didn't even knew Peter-san was in Mixi, I'll check him out! :P 8)

nyusternie
New in Town

Postby nyusternie » April 14th, 2007 10:32 pm

Just a quick follow-up on Getting Started with Mixi.

So far its been interesting trying NOT to do and say the wrong thing. But, if you're at all familiar with Social Networks, I think its easy enough to pick things up very quickly. Just be patient, and good luck!

However, it's quite a different format from that of like a MySpace. Everyone has a lot less friends than you see on MySpace, which gives it a much more Personal feel :) Also, I wouldn't go just sending Random Friend Invites. It seems best to introduce yourself with a message first, which has worked so far.

Here are just a few quick tips for newbies:

GET Rikaichan http://www.polarcloud.com/rikaichan. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Also, Popjisyo.com helps when translating longer phrases.

Last bit, something that will help for the Image Links, which Rikaichan does not work for. When you place the mouse over a link, you'll see the URL shown in the Browser's Status Bar. It will be in English, to help guide you through the menus.

Hope this helps.

If you're on Mixi and want to check out my page:
http://mixi.jp/show_profile.pl?id=11012500 (work in progress)

またあとで!

Beini
New in Town

Postby Beini » April 24th, 2007 2:46 pm

Mixi invitation would be great... at least i think it would be a great way for learning more Japanese :)

Just got started on studying japanese :)

cky733
New in Town

Postby cky733 » April 24th, 2007 10:08 pm

I'm gonna be staying in Japan for a little over a month this summer and I found out about mixi. In my search to join I wound up here which is awesome since I'm about to finish my first year of Japanese in college, and these podcasts look great. Any chance someone could send me a mixi invite? Thanks.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » April 25th, 2007 3:26 am

cky733 wrote:I'm gonna be staying in Japan for a little over a month this summer and I found out about mixi. In my search to join I wound up here which is awesome since I'm about to finish my first year of Japanese in college, and these podcasts look great. Any chance someone could send me a mixi invite? Thanks.

Beini-san! :wink:
Cky733-san! :wink:

Sure I would sent you both a Mixi invitation just give me your e-mail address and your all set! 8) :wink:

cky733
New in Town

Postby cky733 » April 25th, 2007 3:32 am

どうもありがとうございます!My email is .

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » April 25th, 2007 5:52 pm

cky733 wrote:どうもありがとうございます!My email is .

cky733-san! :wink:

I have sent you the Mixi invitation ok! Now check your inbox, click on the link provided, complete the registration and your all set. 8) :D

Welcome to Mixi Community my friend! :wink:

Beini
New in Town

Postby Beini » April 25th, 2007 6:09 pm

In case you didn't get my pm... my email is

ありがとう :)

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » April 25th, 2007 8:03 pm

Beini wrote:In case you didn't get my pm... my email is

ありがとう :)

Beini-san! :wink:

I have sent you the Mixi invitation ok! Now check your inbox, click on the link provided, complete the registration and your all set. 8) :)

dlai
Been Around a Bit

Please add me.

Postby dlai » April 25th, 2007 8:24 pm

今日は

デイビッドさんです。はじめまして。

I finally got a mixi profile, and I'm really interested in networking with other people studying Japanese. Please add me as a Mixi friend, my profile is 'SBSquid'

http://mixi.jp/show_friend.pl?id=11263709

私の日本語が上手じゃありませんですが。よろしくおねがいします。

デイビッドさん
David

spinozza
Been Around a Bit

Postby spinozza » April 26th, 2007 2:43 am

can someone invite me...

dlai
Been Around a Bit

Postby dlai » April 26th, 2007 3:15 am

spinozza wrote:can someone invite me...

I'll try to send you an invite. Right now I'm having a hard time understanding all the options since they're in Japanese and I'm having a hard time translating the text that's on the graphical buttons. I'm guessing the character for YuJin is the invite friend button.

Anyways.. I don't have many friends right now since I've only recently signed on. If you get some JPod101 friends, pass some my way. ;-)

-Dave

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » April 28th, 2007 6:31 pm

Fiend qq-san! :wink:

I have sent you the Mixi invitation ok! Now check your inbox, click on the link provided, complete the registration and your all set. 8) :D

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”