Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Tech Update - February 2nd, 2007 (Premium Podcast Feed)

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Eran
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Tech Update - February 2nd, 2007 (Premium Podcast Feed)

Postby Eran » February 1st, 2007 9:06 pm

The Premium Podcast Feed is the very latest in the line of groundbreaking innovations brought to you by JapanesePod101.com! Available to all Basic and Premium JapanesePod101.com members, this password protected RSS feed brings flexibility and convenience to whole new level. Simply subscribe to the feed on iTunes and automatically receive all media files including the audio podcast, any informal or bonus audio tracks, videos and all PDF lesson materials for each new lesson as they become available.

To get started and to learn more about the new Premium Podcast Feed, please visit this page:

http://www.japanesepod101.com/premium-podcast-feed/

We would love to hear what you think about this new feature, so please let us know by posting a comment here.

All the best,

Eran
JapanesePod101.com
Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts

http://www.japanesepod101.com
contactus@japanesepod101.com

KeithH
Been Around a Bit

Postby KeithH » February 2nd, 2007 4:47 pm

This sounds like a great feature! However, I'm having some problems with it. I've downloaded the latest version of iTunes and added the feed to my subscription list. I'm getting stuck here, because it's not accepting my login credentials. I've logged into the website and verified that I have an active Premium subscription, but it still won't accept me.

Get 40% OFF
Eran

Postby Eran » February 2nd, 2007 5:06 pm

Keith-san,

Very strange indeed! I just tried it with your account credentials and it worked. I am using iTunes 7.0. Are you getting the password dialog window in iTunes? Can you try the link below and see if you can enter your username and password there.

http://www.japanesepod101.com/premium_feed/feed.xml

Thanks,

Eran
JapanesePod101.com

antigoni
New in Town

Postby antigoni » February 3rd, 2007 9:58 pm

I'm having the same problems as Keith. I have version 7 of iTunes and added the feed to my subscription list. It keeps asking for my login details. I've confirmed that I have an active Premium subscription, but it still won't let me through. I have tried the link in the previous message but the same thing happens.

Honchosan
New in Town

Premium Podcast Feed

Postby Honchosan » February 4th, 2007 3:19 am

What advantage is there to downloading iTunes and receiving everything as stated ? I was under the impression that I was receiving everything as it is. Again I don't understand or see any advantage to going the iTunes route ? I have an MP3 Plalyer, not an IPOD but SANDISK. Can this be used in conjuction with iTunes ? I have managed to download everything available via the UTorrent routine. Obviously I need direction. Thank you, Honchosan
Last edited by Honchosan on February 4th, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eran

Postby Eran » February 4th, 2007 6:23 pm

Antigoni-san / Keith-san,

I tried the Premium feed for both of your accounts and was successfully able to log in with your usernames and passwords. Unlike the website, the username AND password for the Premium Feed are case-sensitive. Is it possible that you are possible entering the username with a capital letter? Here are the usernames you should be using:

KeithH
antigoni

Please let me know if the issue was caused by an incorrect case.

All the best,

Eran
JapanesePod101.com

KeithH
Been Around a Bit

Postby KeithH » February 6th, 2007 2:20 pm

Eran, thanks for your help! It was the username that was hanging me up... I must have mistyped a few capital letters. Thanks!

pod10101
New in Town

Postby pod10101 » February 6th, 2007 3:55 pm

Is this also for trial accounts?

Eran

Postby Eran » February 6th, 2007 6:48 pm

Hello pod10101,

The Premium Podcast feed is available for Basic and Premium paid subscribers.

Eran
JapanesePod101.com

michael_ward
New in Town

similar problem

Postby michael_ward » February 6th, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi I'm new here, I have a premium sub but I can't get the login to the new premium feed to work either,
I have a mac with i-tunes but it doesn't seem to like my user name or password either?
I have tried a few different variations of capitals etc. but no luck yet ?
any ideas

Eran

Postby Eran » February 6th, 2007 10:31 pm

Michael-san,

The root cause of the problem was a space in your username. I replaced the space with an underscore and you should now be able to use the Premium Feed. Your new username is "michael_ward". Your password is not changed and should be in all lowercase.

Please let me know if this does not solve your issue.

Regards,

Eran
JapanesePod101.com

michael_ward
New in Town

Postby michael_ward » February 6th, 2007 10:47 pm

thanks very much
that works fine now,
very impressed with the swift response!!

Eran

Re: Premium Podcast Feed

Postby Eran » February 13th, 2007 3:40 pm

Floyd-san,

Apologies for missing your post earlier on. Must have slipped on me!

Honchosan wrote:What advantage is there to downloading iTunes and receiving everything as stated ? I was under the impression that I was receiving everything as it is. Again I don't understand or see any advantage to going the iTunes route ?

The Premium Feed, contain ALL the media files associated with each lesson including the main mp3 audio file, any bonus (informal/formal) audio mp3, the PDF materials (Lesso Notes & Kanji Close-Up), Videos, and so on. Once subscribed to the feed via iTunes, everything gets automatically downloaded to iTunes. Keep in mind that the PDF cannot be opened up on an iPod. Only the audio and video (on video iPods) can be opened by an iPod.

Honchosan wrote:I have an MP3 Plalyer, not an IPOD but SANDISK. Can this be used in conjuction with iTunes ? I have managed to download everything available via the UTorrent routine. Obviously I need direction.

I don't believe that you can use your SANDISK player with iTunes.

I hope this answers your question. Please post back if you still need further help!
JapanesePod101.com

NickT
Expert on Something

Postby NickT » February 13th, 2007 8:50 pm

You may not be able to interface your SANDISK directly with iTunes, but of course it is still very simple to download mp3s via iTunes and then transfer them to your mp3 player using whatever software came with the player. This is what I do.

mplana
New in Town

iTunes feed

Postby mplana » February 15th, 2007 7:16 pm

Hi Eran and all,

This iTunes feed is the best invention since sliced bread. I do not use any iPod or mp3 player to listen to the lessons; I prefer to do it at my laptop so that I can read the material at the same time.

Congratulations for this enhancement.

However, I am having problems downloading the videos with iTunes. The only videos I am having trouble with are the ones with no subtitles or Japanese subtitles. The other files seem to be ok. I always get the button "Get" (or "Download"; I have a Spanish version and I am not sure about the translation for that button) and when hitting it, it comes back again immediately without downloading the file.

I do not know if someone else is having the same problem with the videos.

That was all. Please keep your excellent work up.

Mata ne,
M.

Return to “Tech Updates”