Or sign up using Facebook

Where to go after the Intro to Japanese

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

DeeLan
New in Town

Where to go after the Intro to Japanese

Postby DeeLan » December 8th, 2016 1:50 pm

Hey Everyone,
I've finally decided to stop procrastinating and start learning Japanese. I've finished the intro course, and I'm wondering if anyone might be able to suggest which courses/lessons/learning paths to follow to suit my specific situation. English is my first language, and I've never studied another language beyond the standard primary school Italian classes (of which I now have no memory). I'm 20 years old, turning 21 in Feb, and I'll be going to Japan in June/July of next year, although I might also have an opportunity to head over as early as late February. I'd like to be able to have proper conversations with locals, and while the idea is still very much in its infancy, I have an idea for a project I want to work on that would involve some filming and interviews in Japan, and I'd like to be able to conduct these interviews myself without needing to rely on a translator (I realize this is likely a massive goal to have but I think it'd be good to have a major long term goal as well as a bunch of smaller short term ones). I'm not expecting a fully detail study plan or anything like that (though I would be exceptionally grateful for one :) ). But I would love just a handful of courses on the site to go through, as well as any extra tips or links to resources if anyone has them on hand to throw in :)

Thanks for any help! I'm super keen for this journey of learning!

Edit: I have been looking through a bunch of different stuff myself, but there's so many courses and learning paths that I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and don't really know what to do first

sharadanhg
New in Town

Re: Where to go after the Intro to Japanese

Postby sharadanhg » December 28th, 2016 11:58 am

Hi,

Here is an older thread http://www.japanesepod101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6944#p38403, which gives a great explanation of what is available in Japanesepod101.com and the sequence of the learning orders for the different seasons.

Here is another review of the different japanesepod101 seasons http://www.nihongonobaka.com/japanesepod101-com-individual-season-reviews/

Hope this helps!
Get 40% OFF

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”