Or sign up using Facebook

How does the myTeacher feature work?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

vv_513550
New in Town

How does the myTeacher feature work?

Postby vv_513550 » September 1st, 2016 8:53 am

Hello,
I'm sorry I don't know where else to ask this..
I've read the 'Student Manual' on the Premium PLUS My Teacher function, but I'm still not sure how exactly it works. I'm thinking about testing it, so I'd be glad if someone could share their experience.

- How much time will my teacher have for me? Is there a limited number of hours per day/week or something? Can I send my teacher as many audio messages / texts as I like or is there a limit?
- Do I meet with my teacher 'live' to talk or chat or is it always delayed exchange?
- And if we were to meet up live, is there an audio call or chat function integrated?
- And how flexible can I arrange my schedule?

I'm pretty unsure about how this all works, so if someone could give me like 'a week in the life of..' that'll be highly appreciated!
thanks!
:)

heng_510838
New in Town

Re: How does the myTeacher feature work?

Postby heng_510838 » September 15th, 2016 10:09 am

I'm very curious about this too. I've been wanting to upgrade my subscription but I have yet to find any real usage feedback on Premium Plus.

Get 40% OFF
lena_511666
Been Around a Bit

Postby lena_511666 » September 22nd, 2016 1:21 am

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for posting and being interested in the 'My Teacher' feature of the site.
Please check the following link where you can read about all information:
https://www.japanesepod101.com/myteacher

Let us know if you have any further questions.
Cheers,
Lena
Team JapanesePod101.com

ecarliz
New in Town

Postby ecarliz » October 14th, 2016 8:32 am

HI, I just started with myTeacher, I will let you know how it goes. I have faith in this program. I've only barely started yesterday so can't give you any feedback as of now, I'll let you know in a week or so..

By the way, I noticed that my teacher doesn't appear in the teacher list in the student manual, maybe it should be updated..

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » October 31st, 2016 1:48 am

Hello Ecarliz,

Thank you for the feedback!
We will try to update the Student Manual soon.

Sincerely,
Lena
Team JapanesePod101.com

gtroubat
New in Town

Postby gtroubat » November 28th, 2016 5:39 am

Hello, I've read and watched the "my teacher" introduction in the link Lena posted. I searched for further information everywhere on the website and couldn't find any... So I can only ask on the forum to get more information.

The points I need to be clear about before upgrading to premium +are the following:
1. Are the my teacher functionality available on your app or only on the website? Or can I contact my teacher by Skype/email/line ect.? I'm studying a lot on my phone and so I hope I can use the app. as the website is not so convenient for phone.
2. Is the amount of data required for every use big? I'm living in China and some foreign websites and apps, including yours is unfortunately very slow there.
3. Will the assignments be based on the audio podcast? When commuting, the subway is too packed here to write, type, so I can only study by listening.
3. Can I get support for very specific language needs with my teacher? Besides of just improving my general skills, I would like to prepare the jlpt 1, learn the vocabulary used in the industry I'm working in and train for future job interviews.

Thanks for your answers, it will be very useful. And by the way, I love your podcasts. You guys are the best!!!

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » December 5th, 2016 5:43 am

Hello Gtroubat,

Thank you for your question.
Here are the answers for you:

1. My Teacher is available on both the app and website. Skype and other video chatting services are not offered on My Teacher.

2. My Teacher is linked to the app and if you find the app to be slow already, then we assume that unfortunately it will continue to be slow if you upgrade to My Teacher.

3. There are a variety of assignments that are linked to the site, but most of our current assignments are a range of prompts on various topics (i.e., technology, hobbies, holidays, etc.) that encourage writing and speaking practice. If there is a specific topic that you're interested in, we can create assignments based on that topic.

4. We are not a JLPT prep course, but the teachers can provide student support by answering questions regarding any JLPT study material you have, as well as helping to create some assignments for the specific industry vocabulary.

We have some bonus courses on the site related to JLPT as well:
http://www.japanesepod101.com/index.php?cat=33

Please check the link. :D

Let us know if you need further information.
Thank you for using our site!
Sincerely,
Lena
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Technical Support”