Or sign up using Facebook

Anime with English and Rōmaji subtitles

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Asselberghs
New in Town

Anime with English and Rōmaji subtitles

Postby Asselberghs » April 5th, 2016 10:38 am

Hello

Have you guys got some good legal sources for watching Anime with English and Rōmaji subtitles.
I can´t read any of the japanese writing scripts, katakana and hiragana I believe they are called.
So far I´ve been able to identify quite a few numbers as they´ve come up in Anime and a few other words here and there because I´ve learned them here and I catch them as they appear in whatever Anime I am watching at the time. My hope is that I would be able to learn more if I can match Rōmaji subtitles to English ones, with the sentence structures and possibly look up stuff I´m uncertain bout here on Japanesepod101.com
I´ve seen a lot of Rōmaji subtitles but mostly only during intro or outro songs. I would like something like that for an entire anime.
Can this be done? thank you for your help, I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Kind Regards

Nick

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Anime with English and Rōmaji subtitles

Postby community.japanese » April 12th, 2016 10:43 pm

Nick san,
Konnichiwa. :)
Unfortunately, we don’t have those kind of lessons.
How about watching DVD?
Yuki  由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
Asselberghs
New in Town

Postby Asselberghs » April 13th, 2016 4:24 am

Yuki san.
Ohayougozaimasu.
I wasen´t thinking of lessons, I was thinking if I could buy episodes digitally, like iTunes, DVD´s or Blu-Rays, I own Hellsing, Death Note and Elfen Lied but I don´t recall ever seening an option for English subs and Romaji subs on a DVD. I wondered if it existed at all, and if it does where I might get episodes like that. I checked Amazon.co.uk they don´t mention anything about Romaji subs. Being who I am of course I´ve let friends borrow all 3 shows and for quite a while now, I should perhaps collect them all again soon from them, but just as long as I know where they are I´m not much in a hurry.
Just an explaination as to why I had to go to amazon to figure out subtitles on my DVDs.

Kind Regards

Nick

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » April 18th, 2016 5:59 am

Nick san,
Konnichiwa.
I see.
However, I think subtitles are translation so it basically is not romaji… :(
Yuki  由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com