There's really no problem with the translation?
In English LiSA's songs would be called "ear bugs" because they crawl in and refuse to leave.
OK, that's enough of a train wreck up there to sift through.
I have another one of her songs done. This one gets more attention from fan translators because it's from the inexplicably popular Sword Art Online: the opening song, Crossing Field. However, it's interesting because the fans, by and large, are in disagreement with what to do with the first two lines:
That made me want to try my hand to see who was correct. Naturally I came up with something different still.
Next, in going through I get the impression that everyone gets the following line wrong...
...interpreting 拡がり出して as some variation of "I/You open and expand." So I'm curious as to whether or not I should have gone with the crowd on that.
Also not going with the crowd, without exception 夢で gets translated as "In a dream." Yawn. Far more interesting and fantastic things have happened in dreams than flying for 夢で to mean that while justifying the lyrical emphasis it has. So, I went another way.
そう confounds me. Almost every time I run into it, I have no idea what to do.
- I was afraid I still didn't understand
- The cowardly past I had recognized
- I cast the reality behind me onto the present
- The many skies painted in this place
- Will surely disturb a fickle heart
- My body that soars high on a dream
- Will shake off whatever anxiety it wears
- A sleeping little feeling suddenly begins to open
- And I realize my weakness when you are here
- You brought strength to a dark world
- Like that, my heart will watch a long dream for eternity
- I searched for a guiding light
- If I touch it I will remember everything and
- Be given an irreplaceable, important moment
- I close my eyes, the world I knew
- Was always warm, but painful
- I piled up clear, connected wishes and
- My visible uncertainty began to waver
- I want to protect you, the scars you bear
- Wandered in the middle of your deep sleep
- That was our constant promise
- Like that, we believed clearly in that bond
- Until your voice reaches me, call my name
- I want to feel the miracle of having met you again