Or sign up using Facebook

denshi-jisho.com

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

YobRivera
Been Around a Bit

denshi-jisho.com

Postby YobRivera » July 11th, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

Been learning Japanese for quite some time now, and I kind of decided to get me a denshi jisho.
My query is, has anyone ordered from denshi-jisho.com? I'd like to know about what you think or what you've experience from the online store.

I decided to get a denshi jisho, well, because I believe that it could help me more with my studies, easy word look-up, and in my location, I'm don't always have internet.

thanks みんな。。

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: denshi-jisho.com

Postby community.japanese » July 13th, 2015 4:56 am

YobRivera san,
Konnichiwa.
I have been using denshi jisho for many years.
Casio is a famous Japanese maker for denshi jisho.
Online dictionary is convenient however, denshi jisho have many examples and explain how to use words.
One denshi jisho has many functions (japanese-Englsih, japanese-japanese, idioms, proverbs, business Japanese, conversational Japanese, survival Japanese and so on) so I think it’t more convenient than online dictionaries.
Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
Murius
Been Around a Bit

Re: denshi-jisho.com

Postby Murius » July 13th, 2015 10:02 pm

What are the added functionalities compared to free programs like zkanji on windows, JED on android and whatever mac users have? I am only interested in reading so I wonder whether I would benefit from getting one.

Zkanji can do pronunciation plus/or radicals plus/or stroke count, will recognize and identify different conjugations, 210 000 words, example sentences and has many other options though the former are what I always use.

Is the kanji drawing function really useful on these dictionaries? That's one feature I never use on zkanji because it would mean drawing using the mouse so I am curious to know the answer.

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”