a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Trying to figure it out the right Kanji

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

maxime.miville22_504285
New in Town

Trying to figure it out the right Kanji

Postby maxime.miville22_504285 » February 6th, 2015 5:10 am

First off sorry im not sure im in the right section for my question.
Secondly Hi everyone its my first time around ^^

So for quick background im one of those north american who just ate all that his japanese soo obviously I try to have a cool Kanji for my gamertag and other internet related stuff and Im trying to make it as acurate as possible.
So what id like to have his a kanji that say Entropic Monkey, The monkey which his entropic, monkey's entropy or something like that. With the help of other source around the net I come around with all of these 崩熱猿, 猴子熵, or litteraly
エントロピック-モンキー
Note I can't read at all so all of this came out of a mix from translate of specific words and different games forum were I sniff my nose around the japanese section to ask for guidance.
I would also like to know how to pronunce it, so far I think Shang Hou would be close, but again im not talking a single word and my sources are sketchy so thats why im here ^^
Thanks for your time and hope someone can help me out :D

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Trying to figure it out the right Kanji

Postby community.japanese » February 14th, 2015 12:24 pm

maxime.miville22 san,
konnichiwa.
I think エントロピック-モンキー, entorobikku monkii is appropriate.
崩熱猿, 猴子熵 are like Chinese.
Japanese tend to accommodate overseas words and write them in katakana.
Chinese people translate them and use kanji always though.

Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
kabbajsarah
New in Town

Postby kabbajsarah » October 27th, 2016 7:45 am

Hello!!!please can you tell me where and when to use hiragana's and when to use katakana's and where to use kanji's,it's like when I'm writing something in Japanese,I don't know if I have to use hiragana's or katakana's or kanji's. The only thing that I know is that we use katakana's to write names(like yukine and hiyori and my name Sarah......)but truly I'm not sure if it's right 100%.
Please I need an answer to this question and quikly 'cause it's very important to me.
●thank you
●ありがとう ございます。

jim.schuler
Established Presence

Postby jim.schuler » October 27th, 2016 3:46 pm

Kanji are the words. They're "hot," "hammer," "red," "swim," etc., etc. Japanese names are written in Kanji.

Katakana are also words. Foreign words, or onomatopoeias, or even just words you want to pull out for emphasis. Foreign names are written in katakana.

Hiragana are the grammar. They tell you that "swim" is the noun "swimming," or it's the past tense "swam." They tell you whether you are swimming "in" something or "to" something. Hiragana tell you how the Kanji words fit together.

Of course, there are exceptions. Lots of words are commonly written in Hiragana instead of Kanji. You'll just have to learn which ones you can get away with and which you cannot. Your computer's Japanese input method can help here, and the good/sad part is that those input methods likely set the standards simply because no one wants to spend ten minutes while writing a five-minute document fighting with their IM to find the right Kanji.

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » November 20th, 2016 4:31 am

jim.schuler san,
Konnichiwa.
Thank you for your post.

Kabbajsarah san,
Konnichiwa.
Regarding Japanese writing system, please refer to the page below.
http://www.japanesepod101.com/write-japanese/
:)
Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”