a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

IPhone help

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Re: IPhone help

Postby Jason » June 11th, 2013 6:35 am

Hi guranto. In the Podcasts app on the screen where it lists the podcast episodes, try tapping on the blue > arrow to the right of the episode title. That should display the dialog transcriptions.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

pilgrimpictures
New in Town

Postby pilgrimpictures » June 11th, 2013 7:35 pm

Jason wrote:Hi guranto. In the Podcasts app on the screen where it lists the podcast episodes, try tapping on the blue > arrow to the right of the episode title. That should display the dialog transcriptions.

There is no such option available, only options like 'Delete', 'Mark as Played', or 'Add to On The Go' — or something to that effect. Your advice is not helping. Sorry. (Are you implying that Innovative has ~not~ encoded my audio files to restrict me from having access to the dialogue transcripts in order to compel me to re-subscribe?)

Get 40% OFF
Jason

Postby Jason » June 11th, 2013 8:21 pm

No, we are definitely not encoding the files in such a way that would prevent you from seeing that info embedded in the audio files unless you had an active subscription. Such a encoding scheme doesn't even exist.

Do you not see the blue arrows like in this screenshot that I've highlighted with a red box? Are they not showing up for you?

If you tap on the one for Lower Beginner #12 for example, this is what should come up.
Jason

pilgrimpictures
New in Town

Postby pilgrimpictures » June 12th, 2013 5:17 am

Jason wrote:
Do you not see the blue arrows like in this screenshot that I've highlighted with a red box? Are they not showing up for you?
No. No I do not. See my uploaded examples.

http://grantgladish.shawwebspace.ca/photos/

Jason

Postby Jason » June 12th, 2013 6:44 am

The information in the older lessons must not be formatted to show up in that part of the Podcasts app unfortunately.

If you only use iTunes on your computer to sync your podcasts to you iPhone and don't use the Podcasts app to download episodes and subscribe to new podcasts, there is a workaround. If you delete the Podcasts app from your iPhone and restart your iPhone, the podcasts will show up in the Music app again like they used to. If you open them from the Music app, you'll be able to tap on the album all the embedded lesson info should show up like before.
Jason

pilgrimpictures
New in Town

Postby pilgrimpictures » June 12th, 2013 7:19 am

Jason wrote:The information in the older lessons must not be formatted to show up ... delete the Podcasts app from your iPhone and restart your iPhone, the podcasts will show up in the Music app again like they used to...

Dude! Worked like a charm (just as you prescribed). Arigatô gozaimashita! You really know your [Mac] stuff! Awesome.

grant

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Postby paloma_ill » June 13th, 2013 1:03 am

Hi pilgrimpictures-san and Jason-san,

Thank you for the great explanation Jason!
I hope pilgrimpictures-san can follow now the audios with the dialog transcript!

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Paloma
Team JapanesePod101

videovillain
Been Around a Bit

Postby videovillain » July 23rd, 2013 2:56 pm

I get the same problem with my podcasts. Hitting the blue arrow only shows options to mark as unread, add to on the go, or delete.

This happens with the new podcasts, so it isn't an encoding problem with the old podcasts, it's something else. I don't want to delete the podcast app because I use it for many other casts as well.

Any real fixes for this in the works?

ありがとう!

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » August 7th, 2013 8:17 am

Hello Videovillain,

Thank you a lot for taking the time to report this issue. But for now there isn't a simpler solution to this issue.
Since Apple announced the new Podcast application which you cannot see the lyrics on the screen anymore, we'd like to ask you try the following ways to see the scripts while you're listening to the audio on your phone.

1. Delete the Podcast Application.
2. Open the Music application.
3. Go to Podcast icon on the bottom menu.
4. Click the lesson and listen to the podcast using the Music application.

In that way you'd be able to keep listening to the audio lessons with the scripts on the screen. If you have the Podcast application, all podcast audio lessons should be played with the application, so you won't be able to see the Podcast menu on the Music application. Please make sure you delete the application if you'd like to check the scripts on the screen.

Regards,
Mélanie
Team JapanesePod101.com

abdessamadkarchi_505049
New in Town

Postby abdessamadkarchi_505049 » March 20th, 2015 5:51 pm

this a review about ipod touch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LahdWV8T-UA

Return to “Technical Support”