Or sign up using Facebook

Upcoming Trip Help/Ideas

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

xaerodarkness9846
New in Town

Upcoming Trip Help/Ideas

Postby xaerodarkness9846 » February 20th, 2013 1:33 am

Konnichiwa minasan! Kevan desu!

I thought this might be a good place to visit to look at other people's experiences and ideas as well as try and get some help with my own plans.

I just started recently getting serious about learning Japanese because I've been wanting to visit Japan for a while, but am only now able to put the money aside to do so. I'm hoping to go sometime in late June or July but wanted to get some feedback before I started making plans and reservations. Since I am only just now really sinking my teeth into learning the launguage, and know next to nothing about actually getting around and the right spots to hit, I was wondering if I could get opinions on whether there is enough time to get a good enough grasp on things to get around easy. Also, suggestions on where to go and how to effectively use my time would be most appreciated! I'm mostly interested in first experiencing the city life, probably with a stay in Tokyo and checking out popular shopping districts, landmarks and touring the night life, though I am interested in visiting other areas like Osaka and Kyoto as well.

I know this is kind of a lot to ask about, but I would appreciate anything you guys have to contribute!

Arigatō gozaimasu!

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Upcoming Trip Help/Ideas

Postby community.japanese » February 20th, 2013 3:00 pm

Kevan-san,
kon'nichiwa! :D

Yes; this must be the right place to ask for some info, as everyone here is very kind and friendly.

You plan of staying some time in Tokyo and also visit some other cities sounds like perfect.
Tokyo can be hightlighted by many different features, and VERY different from other cities in Japan too.
If you wish to see some traditional Japan, you'd definitely want to vist Osaka and Kyoto area.

If we can help you with anything including of course the lessons, please let us know!
Hope some people can also help you with best spots to visit! :wink:

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
xaerodarkness9846
New in Town

Postby xaerodarkness9846 » February 22nd, 2013 5:12 am

Arigatou!

Yes, as I said, I am definitely interested in seeing a lot of Tokyo, but to me it'd be a waste if I didn't try to visit a couple other places as well. I do plan on returning towards the end of the year assuming everything goes well, but I don't want to limit myself to just Tokyo this time.

I have a few ideas of where I'd like to go for Tokyo, but I would still love to get opinions from others on what to definitely check out in case there was something I didn't see or think of.

watertommyz9255
Been Around a Bit

Postby watertommyz9255 » February 22nd, 2013 7:50 am

Defiantly bring a camera (remember Japanese manners as there are a few things you should probably keep in mind when taking a picture), and defiantly pick up a memento or two for your trip home to show off to friends and family. One day I hope to visit Japan, but I'll have to build up my courage and money to do so.

Until then, learning the language will be my number one priority.

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » February 22nd, 2013 12:49 pm

Kevan-san, watertommyz9255-san,
kon'nichiwa!

Kevan-san, douitashimashite :D And, sure, you should definitely visit other than Tokyo. Otherwise you'll miss a lot :mrgreen:

watertommyz9255-san is right; you want to take a lot of interesting. beautiful, and/or funny pictures in Japan :mrgreen:
Hope someday watertommyz9255-san will also visit Japan!! Until then, we're here to help you with study! 8)

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

xaerodarkness9846
New in Town

Postby xaerodarkness9846 » February 27th, 2013 12:53 pm

Just wanted to mention that I went ahead and booked the flight and hotel! I'm very excited and, of course, a bit nervous too. I'm sure the more I'll study, though, the more confident I'll get about it all.

I'll come back and post again when I'm further along in the planning stages, but in the mean time, again, I would love to hear about anything anyone has to say about things like day trips out to Osaka from Tokyo, or their personal recommendation for a favorite spot to visit while staying in Tokyo.

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » March 1st, 2013 11:38 am

xaerodarkness9846-san,
wow, that's exciting!! I know the feeling of "a bit nervous" too :mrgreen:

We've recently been hearing/seeing the news about Spring approach :wink:
We've just had a "first spring storm" today, and, according to "cherry blossam front" information, we'll
have cherry blossam start around 25th March in Tokyo area. :flower:
You might want to check that too! :D

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Visiting Japan”