Or sign up using Facebook

Sakura Festival 2013

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

chonnyfonny696924
Established Presence

Sakura Festival 2013

Postby chonnyfonny696924 » December 15th, 2012 3:13 am

Hello everyone.
I'm so wanting to go back to Japan so bad that It's now an annual trip for me .
This time I want to go Japan for the cherry blossoms blooming. I just found out about this festival and I want to know what would be the best date to go. I'm thinking first 2 weeks in April. But A tour would be good. But I like to do my own thing and see what I wanna see. I've got my heart set on Kyoto for the festival but I also heard Tokyo and Osaka is also great for cherry blossom viewing as well :). What are your thoughts?

p.s. Goal for next year. go to Japan twice in 2013 :P And learn Japanese to a small conversational level :P

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Sakura Festival 2013

Postby community.japanese » December 15th, 2012 5:56 am

chonnyfonny696924-san,
Seems like someone already has new year resolution?? :mrgreen: Brilliant!
Well, you can enjoy sakura viewing anywhere in Japan. I'd just suggest you checking weather information before
deciding when to come. Depending on year (and where to go), the best season/week would vary.
Weather forcasters (on any TV channels or websites) always mention what's called "sakura zensen" (= cherry blossom front) where you can check how cherry blossom blooming is.

We're having extremely cold winter this year, and we still don't know how long this strong cold weather would stay (still too early to say). Hope you can come to Japan at the best timing! :wink:

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
chonnyfonny696924
Established Presence

Postby chonnyfonny696924 » December 16th, 2012 4:43 am

A late peak bloom date hey? I hope next year peak bloom date is a couple days later.... I'm going to be arriving second week of April(6th-21st)
im thinking of booking flights in the next week cause atm. I can get flights from around 230 each way. providing I leave australia on the 6th for 2 weeks... Some people believe it's too early to tell.
But However. If I book a week earlier ill be paying an extra 150 each way. I'm not too sure though... I hope I do come at the best time.

suzannecheyne6278
New in Town

Postby suzannecheyne6278 » December 23rd, 2012 12:54 pm

I am also coming to Japan for Hanami season! This will be my first visit ever, I'm so excited. I will arrive in Tokyo on the 7th of April and stay for two weeks. I hope I will get to experience some of the sakura blooming. :flower:

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » December 25th, 2012 9:40 am

chonnyfonny696924-san,
I hope you can experience "hanami" here! It also depends on which city you're visiting... :?
Still, second week of April should be anyway fine in most places...and, usually you can enjoy sakura (cherry blossoms) for a couple of weeks.
We're having quite a cold winter this year, but no one has spoken about "how long" this would continue.
Fingers crossed! :wink:

suzannecheyne6278-san,
Brilliant! I think you can find your stay the best timing.
We have different type of "sakura", so you might enjoy more than one type :wink:

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Visiting Japan”