Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

recommend an anime series?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

roxifish
New in Town

Postby roxifish » November 15th, 2008 10:39 am

Anyone tried おお振り (Oofuri) or モノノ怪 (Mononoke)?
Oofuri's kind targeted at fangirls I guess. It's about Baseball.

And Mononoke's a artsy fartsy anime. I watched it for Sakurai Takahiro's voice. <3

There's some few recent ones that I'm watching. Like Tales of the Abyss, which is based off the game by Namco, season 2 of Gundam 00, Kuroshitsuji, and Ga Rei Zero?

OH OH and not to forget. Shounen jump! My personal favourite is Gintama. Because it's just soo insanely hilarious.

:kokoro:

visual_gaze
Been Around a Bit

Postby visual_gaze » February 19th, 2009 5:22 am

i think code geass is a very good anime. not to 'make believe' but very action packed and interesting. i think the chracters are drawn very well and the plot is very interesting. its only 25 episodes long but its a very good anime. worth the watch.

also samurai champloo, as said before, is VERY good. it kind of shows you Japans rural side and although its pretty gory and such, its very good and VERY funny. its also full of action and if you like crazy/amazing samurai fighting scenes then you'll love this anime.

Get 40% OFF
seifip
Been Around a Bit

Postby seifip » May 10th, 2009 7:35 pm

Two great food related animes:

Yakitate! Japan - If you want something fancy and don't understand Japanese (there is a very well translated version with cultural references, romaji transliteration of songs etc.)

Oishinbo - A very famous anime but it's targeted more on adults than teens and thus has a rather difficult language level. Also, there are no translated version available.

Both of these animes have also great manga counterparts :)

karurosuv
New in Town

Postby karurosuv » July 7th, 2009 6:36 am

空の境界: The Garden of Sinners

7 part movie series. 6 is still showing in a Tokyo theater I believe and should be nearing a DVD release soon. 7 is still in the works.

Kara no Kyoukai 1: Overlooking View
Kara no Kyoukai 2: Murder Speculation(part 1)
Kara no Kyoukai 3: Remaining Sense of Pain
Kara no Kyoukai 4: The Hollow
Kara no Kyoukai 5: Paradox Spiral
Kara no Kyoukai 6: Oblivion Recorder
Kara no Kyoukai 7: Murder Speculation(part 2)

The timeline jumps around a bit and the story order is 2,4,3,1,5,6,7.
Regardless, if you watch these start with movie 1 and stick around after the credits.

hhaggis4931
New in Town

Postby hhaggis4931 » April 12th, 2011 12:59 pm

Where's the best place on the internet to stream anime in Japanese with English subs?

Arigatou gozaimasu!

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » August 11th, 2012 8:41 pm

hhaggis4931 wrote:Where's the best place on the internet to stream anime in Japanese with English subs?

I realise it's been sixteen months since this question was asked, but anyway...

Personally I think the best answer would be Crunchyroll. It's a legal streaming service showing licensed anime. You can watch for free, in which case you get commercials in each episode, or you can subscribe and you don't get the ads.

マイケル

natsukoy9313
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby natsukoy9313 » August 12th, 2012 6:18 am

Thank you very much for the suggestion, マイケルsan!!
Hope hhaggis4931-san will find your post! :wink:
I personally will look for it! I wanted to know such website for a long time! Thank you very much!! :D

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Postby mmmason8967 » August 12th, 2012 6:56 pm

奈津子さん

I wonder if Crunchyroll works in Japan? Some shows (not very many) aren't available to me because Crunchyroll does not have the UK distribution rights for that show. I would expect that Japanese TV networks own the JP distribution rights for a lot of the shows, so those shows might not be available using Crunchyroll if you are in Japan.

マイケル

natsukoy9313
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby natsukoy9313 » August 14th, 2012 6:34 am

マイケルさん、
Actually, I tried the link you gave me and found that it doesn't work in Japan... :(
It might mean that we have enough other sources here...

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

choneb9359
Been Around a Bit

Re: recommend an anime series?

Postby choneb9359 » October 2nd, 2012 7:25 am

To prolong my procrastination, I'll contribute to this thread a bit more, since no one has posted here in a while.

Good series I've watched (These are more oriented toward adult viewers)
1. Cowboy Bebop!!!! :oiwai:
2. Samurai Champloo!!
3. Ghost in the shell!!
4. Trigun
5. Evangelion
6. Fullmetal alchemist (I only own the original anime series, don't know how good the new brotherhood is)
7. Paranoia agent (this was quite thought provoking as well)
8. Gantz (Only for adult due to quite a bit of violence and adult theme. Apart from that, the story line is quite interesting, but if you can take the violence, go the manga. If not, watch the live motion picture)
For younger viewers
1. Doraemon
2. Hartori (The cartoon series)
3. Conan (When is he going to solve his own mystery and become a grown man again? Its been going on for soooooooo long)

mmmason8967
Expert on Something

Re: recommend an anime series?

Postby mmmason8967 » October 12th, 2012 8:55 pm

choneb9359 wrote:To prolong my procrastination, I'll contribute to this thread a bit more, since no one has posted here in a while.

I think this thread kind of duplicates the Favorite Anime? thread on the Japanese Anime & Manga forum. At any rate, I've added my recommendations in that thread.

マイケル

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”