a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Working In Japan with a Family

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

lildreamertina7217
New in Town

Working In Japan with a Family

Postby lildreamertina7217 » August 20th, 2012 5:05 pm

My hope is that I can move to Japan with an English teaching Job, My husband works in the IT field and we have our son as well, We wouldn't move for quite some time now, but when we do it would be when our son is just starting school. We are learning Japanese and have been using it in the home as much as we can. My question is does anyone have any experience with moving a family to Japan? I know Kids are bound to addapt better then adults and pick up on how to talk to their friends faster. But I worry that things will be much harder for us because we are a family unit.

However, I hope to help a company see that hiring me will only mean I am not bound to get homesick and leave, because I would have my support with me!

Any advice or experiences are welcome! I want to know what you think or have done!

natsukoy9313
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby natsukoy9313 » August 28th, 2012 6:54 am

lildreamertina7217-san,
There're many job opportunity for English teachers, and some recruiters are even outside Japan (to bring potential teachers from their home country).
It might be easier for you to live in a big city (doesn't have to be Tokyo, though), since there should be many foreign people residing there. Having some foreign friends here would help you in many ways :wink:
As a family, of course you might have family-specific problems, but it doesn't mean it's impossible. If you've got any specific questions, asking people will always help you!
Hope you'll be able to come to Japan and find our country "nice to live" :wink:

Natsuko (奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”