Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Japanese Lang Specific: Keigo (Sonkeigo and Kenjogo) series?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

j_evenstar
New in Town

Japanese Lang Specific: Keigo (Sonkeigo and Kenjogo) series?

Postby j_evenstar » April 23rd, 2012 7:23 am

Hello,
Similar to the JLPT, onomatopoeia, particles, etc series, can JPod101 also publish a comprehensive series on keigo? I really would like to be fluent on keigo. :)

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » April 24th, 2012 1:05 am

Hi j_evenstar!
I would recommend listening to our Lower and Upper Intermediate series - you will find a lot of lessons that cover keigo. I recommend checking out the curriculum for each series so that you can find the lessons that deal with keigo.
Our current Upper Beginner series also features announcements in keigo in every dialogue, so please check those out too :D
Thanks for listening!
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Get 40% OFF
j_evenstar
New in Town

Postby j_evenstar » April 24th, 2012 7:21 am

Hello Jessi,
Thank you for responding. Actually, I have finished all Lower Int tracks, and I am on the Intermediate series again (memories of the previous hosts come back!). I also admire that you guys set-up the curriculum, it helped me a lot to choose which lessons I need to listen to.
Anyway, I don't mind listening again to tracks I'm done with. :wink:

Let me check the Upper Beginner series curriculum...

Denzil
New in Town

keigo

Postby Denzil » July 4th, 2012 6:06 pm

I too would like a series on keigo and business Japanese. As an adult learner I find that I have more opportunities to use keigo at my work at Beloit College. I have been enjoying the upper beginners series because of the kiego in it.
By the way, the other day I was gardening when おばけやしき got stuck in my head and I was glad I had a translation program on the phone in my pocket so I could be told what this word in my head was. I doubt I'll forget how to say haunted house in Japanese any time soon.
However I'm going to have to be quite creative to find a place to use おばけやしき in conversation.

natsukoy9313
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby natsukoy9313 » July 6th, 2012 8:13 am

Denzil-san,
:lol: You're right; it's not a very important vocabulary :lol:
However, おばけ and horror thing is kind of "summer thing" in Japan; you might need to use it like "do you want to go to haunted house?" :obake:
わたしは おばけやしき が 大きらい です!!!!! (I hate ANY KIND of hauted houses.....real or fake....)

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”